(Eph 6:10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (Eph 6:11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (Eph 6:12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Eph 6:14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; (Eph 6:15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; (Eph 6:16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (Eph 6:17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: (Eph 6:18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
(Eph 6:11) Put on the whole armour of God [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that ye may be able to stand against the wiles [“methods;” trickery; the strategies and deceits] of the devil.
1. (2 Tim 2:3,4) Thou therefore endure hardness [suffer trouble], as a good soldier [warrior] of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2. (Rom 13:12) The night [of the evil of this world] is far spent, the day [of the Lord] is at hand: let us therefore cast off [excommunicate: put out of the synagogue] the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light [phos; (to shine or make manifest, espec. by rays); luminousness: fire (i.e. His glory)].
3. (Gen 1:3-5) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good [towb; (i.e. HEAVEN) (good, a good or good thing, a good man or woman; the good, goods or good things, good men or women), also as an adv. (well):--beautiful, best, better, bountiful, cheerful, at ease, X fair (word), (be in) favour, fine, glad, good (deed, -lier, liest, -ly, -ness, -s), graciously, joyful, kindly, kindness, liketh (best), loving, merry, X most, pleasant, + pleaseth, pleasure, precious, prosperity, ready, sweet, wealth, welfare, (be) well ([-favoured])] and God divided the light [illumination (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.): bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun] from the darkness [the dark; hence (lit.) darkness; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness: night]. And God called the light Day [to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether lit. (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or fig. (a space of time defined by an associated term)], and the darkness he called Night [a twist (away of the light), i.e. night; fig. adversity]. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
4. (James 4:7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist [to stand against, i.e. oppose] the devil, and he will flee from you.
5. submit = Gk: to subordinate; to obey: be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto. [Why?]
6. (Eph 5:18) And be not drunk [intoxicated (i.e. not in your “right mind”)] with wine [with addictive drugs], wherein is excess [unsavedness: riot]; but be filled with the Spirit;
7. toxic = Dict: 1. of, pertaining to, affected with or caused by a toxin or poison. 2. poisonous.
(Luke 8:35) Then they went
out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the
devils [Legion] were departed, sitting at the feet
of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
SUBMITTING YOURSELF TO BE EATEN ALIVE BY A ROARING LION?
(DEVILS), SEEK TO EAT YOU,
TO CONSUME YOU, TO DEVOUR YOU – ALIVE
(1 Pet 5:8,9) Be sober [abstain from wine: watch], be vigilant [to keep awake: watch]; because your adversary [opponent (in a lawsuit); spec. Satan (as the arch-enemy)] the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour [to drink down, i.e. gulp entire: swallow up (i.e. the devil seeks to eat you - alive)]: Whom resist [to stand against, i.e. oppose] stedfast [stiff, solid, stable: strong, sure] in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions [hardships or pains: suffering] are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1. (Prov 23:21) For the drunkard and the glutton [who both take in the things of this world to excess] shall come to poverty: and drowsiness [sleepiness /// sleep] shall clothe a man with rags [vs. the armor of God].
2. (1 Pet 8,9 Amplified Bible) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring (in fierce hunger), seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in the faith (against his onset -rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined), knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brother-hood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
3. (Col 1:11) Strengthened [enabled] with all might [dunamis; force; spec. miraculous power: strength], according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering [forbearance] with joyfulness;
4. (1 Th 5:5-10) Ye are all the children of light [having put on “the armour of light” Rom 3:12], and the children of the day: we are not [children] of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch [keep wide awake, alert, watchful, cautious, and on our guard] and be sober [calm, collected, and circumspect]. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to [incur His] wrath [He did not select us to condemn us], but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep [at Christ’s appearing], we should live together with him [and share His life].
5. (1 John 3:2) Beloved, now are we the sons [children] of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.