IS THAT WONDERFUL RIVER OF LIFE FLOWING FROM YOUR BELLY YET?
THE SOURCE OF THE RIVER OF LIFE
(Gen 2:8-10) And the LORD God planted a garden [Heb: (as fenced)] [why did God put a fence around His garden?] eastward in Eden [Heb: pleasure: delight] [whose pleasure, whose delight?]; and there he put the man whom he had formed [(through the squeezing into shape); to mould into a form; espec. as a potter, purpose]. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life [Jesus the Christ] also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil [Lucifer (good) Satan (evil)]. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence [(the garden)] it was parted [Heb: divided] [from the garden into the world], and became into four heads [i.e., rivers, with the idea of flowing toward the four points of the compass].
THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES: THE FEAST OF INGATHERING (FRUIT GATHERING)
what kind of fruit will our Lord gather on this last and great feast day?
(John 7:37-39) In the last day [the eighth day: symbolic of a new beginning: ref: Noah and his family], that great day of the feast [of Tabernacles], Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst [suffer dryness], let him come unto me, and drink [what would He then offer those who came to Him?]. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should [Gk: would, will] receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
1. (Lev 23:34-36) Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month [of October, “when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land” v.39] shall be the feast of tabernacles [or “booths,” commemorating their 40 year period of wilderness wandering, signifying purification, when they lived in temporary shelters] for seven days [symbol of completeness] unto the LORD. On the first day shall be an holy convocation [Heb: public assembly]: ye shall do no servile work therein [Heb: work of any kind] [i.e., worldly work, excepting religious work]. Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire [a “burnt offering” wholly consumed] unto the LORD: on the eighth day [“In the last day” John 7:37] shall be an holy convocation unto you [(bookends)]; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire [a “burnt offering” wholly consumed] unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
2. (Dan 12:1) And at that time shall Michael [Heb: who is like God?] stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and ///// there shall be [occurring at that time] a time of trouble [Heb: tribulation], such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: ///// and at that time thy people shall be delivered [i.e., the “rapture,” receive the full mind of Christ and the active fullness of the Holy Spirit], every one that shall be found written in the book [of Life].
3. (Mat 24:21) For ///// then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, ///// no, nor ever shall be.
a. (Dan 12:1) there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
b. (Mat 24:21) then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time,
4. (Isa 55:1-3) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters [symbol of the Holy Spirit], and he that hath no money; come ye, buy [with what? with the sacrifice of your time. That is the only tradable commodity that you have], and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread [symbol of Jesus Christ]? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant [agreement, deal] with you, even the sure mercies of David.
a. wine = dove = Heb: a dove (apparently from the warmth of their mating):--dove, pigeon /// to effervesce [Dict: to fizz, bubble, sparkle]; wine (as fermented); intoxication: banqueting, wine.
b. milk = (Heb 5:12-14) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles [Gk: utterances] of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
c. bread = (John 6:35) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
5. (Rev 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
(John 7:38,39) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should [Gk: would, will] receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
1. (Prov 18:4) The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring [Heb: something dug: fountain, spring, well] of wisdom as a flowing brook.
2. (Isa 12:3) Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
3. (John 4:13-15) Jesus answered and said unto her [the Samaritan woman at the well], Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
A PURE RIVER OF WATER OF LIFE (Ezek 47:1-12 for this parallel – read it for homework)
(Rev 22:1-5) And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it [the river of life is the street of eternal salvation], and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life [i.e., and many multiples thereof (us)], which bare twelve manner of fruits [the 9 “fruit of the spirit” in (Gal 5:22,23) plus the 3 “fruit of the spirit” in (Eph 5:9)], and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves [plainly “outreaches” reaching out but still connected. “I am the vine, ye are the branches:” John 15:5] of the tree were for the healing of the nations [Gk: races, tribes: heathens] [what nations? where do all these heathens now live since the earth has been transformed by fire into a glorious “new heaven and a new earth” Rev 21:1?]. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads [vs. Rev 13:16]. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light [Gk: to shine or to brighten up: enlighten, illuminate, (bring to, give) light, make to see] [i.e., from the inside, from within themselves]: and they shall reign [Gk: rule] for ever and ever.
1. (Dan 12:3) And they that be wise shall shine [Heb: gleam; enlighten: admonish, teach, give warning] as the brightness [Heb: brilliancy] of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars [Heb: (in the sense of blazing); fig. a prince (princes)] for ever and ever.