THE VISIBLE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH
09-04-11 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing at 11:00am on Sunday, and repeated 24/7 for one week; the audio and notes without video are thereafter archived.
SPOKEN FROM THE SHIP TO THE UNSAVED MULTITUDE STANDING ON THE DRY SEA SHORE
(Mat 13:24-30) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven [on earth] is likened unto a man [“the Son of man” v.37] which sowed good seed [“the children of the kingdom” v.38] in his field [“the field is the world” v.38]: But while men slept, his enemy [“the devil” v.38] came and sowed tares [“the children of the wicked one” v.38] among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade [Gk: herbage or vegetation] was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants [we who serve our Lord in His kingdom] of the householder [Gk: head of a family] came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence [where] then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather [Gk: sullego; collect] them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather [Gk: sullego; collect] up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest [“the end of the world” v.39] I will say to the reapers [“the reapers are the angels” v.39], Gather [Gk: sullego; collect] ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles [preparatory] to burn them: but gather [Gk: sunago; assemble] the wheat into my barn.
1. Commentary: parable = a spiritual form of “tongue” (1 Cor 12:10), the spiritual truth of which the unsaved truly do not, cannot, understand; nor is it intended that they do understand.
2. Commentary: But while men slept = were not “vigilant” (1 Pet 5:8); “but all the rest of the people [9,700] bowed down upon their knees to drink water” (Judg 7:6). Most men and women, in the United States in particular, are definitely “asleep” now.
3. Commentary: tares are poisonous darnel weeds that, once embedded, grow in appearance exactly like the wheat, excepting that at fruition, black heads issue forth atop the darnel stems rather than the golden heads of the wheat.
4. Commentary: Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles = first separate the tares from the wheat (happening now, and been happening for a few years) and bind the tares, as one would bind sheaves of hay, into bundles or collected [sullego] associations of like-minded unsaved people, such as abortionists, feminists, homosexuals, atheists, etc. in preparation to burn them when the Lord returns, and assemble [Gk: sunago] the wheat into my barn, tabernacle of wooden priest-boards, OR, build a barn, tabernacle composed of my people, i.e., the Old Testament tabernacle, consisting of 48 unified wooden priest-boards standing on 96 socket shoes (one for each foot or “tenon”) of silver (symbolizing their redemption), was a direct type and shadow of the New Testament “barn.”
5. The Full Life Study Bible: The principal work of Satan’s emissaries within the visible kingdom of heaven will be undermining the authority of God’s Word and promoting unrighteousness and false doctrine. “And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:” (Gen 3:4).
LIVING CONDITIONS IN THE VISIBLE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
(Mat 13:31,32) Another parable put he forth unto them [the unsaved multitude], saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man [“the Son of man” v.37] took, and sowed in his field [“the field is the world” v.38]: Which indeed is the least of all seeds [strong connotations of extreme humility]: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air [symbolically, fallen angels, devils, demons, unclean spirits] come and lodge [Gk: to camp down, remain /// encamp, to occupy] in the branches [denominations] thereof.
1. Greek: herb = lachanon; a vegetable.
2. Dictionary: herb = a flowering plant whose stem above ground does not become woody and persistent.
3. Greek: tree = dendron; an oak.
4. Dictionary: tree = a perennial plant (lasting for an indefinitely long time; enduring) having a permanent, woody, self-supporting main stem or trunk, ordinarily growing to a considerable height, and usually developing branches at some distance from the ground.
5. (Mat 13:32 NKJV) "which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."
6. (Mat 13:32 NIV) Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches."
7. (Rom 12:2) And be not conformed [Gk: to the same pattern] to this world: but be ye transformed [Gk: metamorphoo; ("metamorphose"):--changed, transfigured, transformed] by the renewing [Gk: renovation: restoration] of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
8. Dictionary: metamorphosis = 1. change of form, structure, or substance, as transformation by magic or witchcraft. 2. any complete change in appearance, character, circumstances, etc.
(Mat 13:33) Another parable spake he unto them [the unsaved multitude]; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven [false doctrine: Mat 16:6-12], which a woman [alluding to “the woman” Eve: Gen 3:1-7] took, and hid [Gk: concealed] in three measures of meal [Gk: flour (grinded seed)], till the whole was leavened [mingled (defiled)].
1. Commentary: the disciples are warned to beware of the false “doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees” (Mat 16:12), i.e., the church leaders.
2. (Luke 8:11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
3. Commentary: The trinity of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost is signified as being the “three measures of meal” which represents the entire Word of God, and also the whole visible kingdom of heaven on this earth. The holy “seed” has been necessarily ground up or crushed open (made palatable) by us for understanding. The false doctrine of leaven that puffs up (pride) and displays a dishonest untrue lying appearance is presently being mingled into the holy meal by an active action catalyst which is typified by the “woman.” This process is thereby producing a defiled earthly kingdom of heaven composed of lies and misinformation “till the whole was leavened,” at which time, the Lord Christ Jesus shall return and establish a completely purified and holy earthly kingdom of heaven.
4. Commentary: Exactly like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that bare mingled fruit for our naďve consumption, the mingling of good seed (meal) and evil leaven is producing defiled mingled bread, i.e., defiled Word of God, for our naďve consumption, i.e., lack of discernment.
5. The Full Life Study Bible: The parables of the mustard seed and of the leaven form a pair. They speak of the growth of evil within the visible kingdom.
(Mat 13:34-36) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables [tongues]; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare [interpret] unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
And He does.