ABOUT YOU: GIDEON, CHAPTER 22
(Luke 17:26) And as it was in the days of Noah [Heb: rest], so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark [kibotos, kib-o-tos'; a box, i.e. the sacred ark and that of Noah], and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
1. (Heb 3:7-13) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts [Pharaoh 21x], as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted [tested] me, proved [examined] me, and saw my works [deeds] forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart [roam (from safety, truth, or virtue):--go astray, deceive, err, seduce, wander, be out of the way]; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
2. (1 Th 5:9) For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
3. (Job 1:8-10) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job [hated (i.e. persecuted)], that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect [undefiled] and an upright [righteous] man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil [declines or departs from, turns (aside, away) from]? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him [to entwine, i.e. shut in (for formation, protection or restraint):--fence], and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
4. (Gen 6:8,9) But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just [righteous] man and perfect [undefiled] in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
5. (Heb 9:3,4) And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all [“the most holy place” 10x]; Which had the golden censer, and the ark [kibotos] of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables [a moulding-board, i.e. flat surface ("plate", or table)] of the covenant; [What is the ark of the covenant?]
6. What was Noah’s hedge, an hedge that God made about him for formation, for protection, and for restraint? What did Noah and his family enter into physically? What did they enter into spiritually. They entered into the hedge of God’s Word. What do you enter into when you read the Bible? Please note that Noah and his family also became the hedge of God’s Word.
7. (Heb 11:7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear [religious reverence /// (pious): devout], prepared an ark [kibotos] to the saving [salvation] of his house; by the which he condemned [to judge against, sentence: damn] the world [kosmos], and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8. (2 Pet 2:5) And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world [kosmos] of the ungodly;
9. (1 Pet 3:19,20) By which also he [Christ] went and preached unto the spirits in prison [i.e. those who rejected Noah’s message of salvation, and thus remained imprisoned in their own flesh]; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering [forebearance: patience] of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark [kibotos] was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water [the Holy Spirit, the water of the Word of God: Eph 5:26].