ALL ABOUT YOU: GIDEON, CHAPTER 36
A PROPHETIC JOYOUS MARRIAGE FEAST FOR THE CALLED
(John 2:11) This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth [rendered apparent] his glory [i.e. our joy]; and his disciples [learners, pupils] believed on [have faith in] him.
1. glory = Gk: doxa; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (lit. or fig., obj. or subj.):--dignity, glory (-ious), honour, praise, worship.
(John 2:1-5) And the third day there was a marriage in Cana [reediness /// a reed] of Galilee [the heathen circle]; and the mother of Jesus [Mary] was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted [lacked (ran out of)] wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman [i.e. a generic term – of all women – also the church], what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it [the last recorded words of Mary in the Bible].
1. (John 1:14) And the Word [logos] was made flesh [i.e. the body of Jesus Christ], and dwelt among us [“ the word (logos) of God is quick (alive), and powerful”Heb 4:12], (and we beheld his glory, the glory [doxa doxa] as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
2. (Luke 8:11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word [logos] of God.
3. (Luke 22:19,20) And he took bread [derived from crushed seed with water added], and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This [bread] is my body [crushed seed and water] which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup [of wine: derived from crushed seed with water added] after supper, saying, This cup [of wine] is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. [i.e. wine (joy) = His blood]
4. wine = Gk: wine /// Heb: yayin; to effervesce; wine (as fermented); by impl. intoxication:--banqueting, wine, wine [-bibber].
5. dove = Heb: a dove, (appar. from the warmth of their mating): pigeon /// yayin; to effervesce; wine (as fermented); by impl. intoxication:--banqueting, wine, wine [-bibber].
6. effervesce = Dict: 1. to give off bubbles of gas, as fermenting liquors. 2. to exhibit fervor, excitement, liveliness, etc. (to boil up). /// effervescent = Dict: 1. bubbling. 2. gay; lively; sparkling.
7. (Eph 5:26) That he [Christ] might sanctify and cleanse it [the church] with the washing of water by the word [rhema = the Holy Spirit: that which came out of the body of Jesus],
8. (John 19:33,34) But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
9. (1 John 5:6) This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. (1 John 5:7) For there are three that bear record [witness] in heaven, the Father [God the Father], the Word [logos: God the Son], and the Holy Ghost [God the Holy Spirit]: and these three are one. (1 John 5:8) [This verse text is omitted from the NIV] And there are three that bear witness [record] in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
10. (John 14:26) But the Comforter [intercessor, consoler:--advocate], which is the Holy Ghost [who dwells inside Me], whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
11. (John 16:7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient [good] for you that I go away [i.e. die]: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
12. (Mark 14:41) And he cometh the third time [in Gethsemane: oil-press], and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
13. (John 12:23,24) And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn [a kernal of seed] of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
14. (John 17:1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
THE WATER THAT CAME FORTH WINE
(John 2:6-11) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying [ceremonial cleansing (Old Testament)] of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece [18 or 27 gallons]. Jesus saith unto them [the servants], Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast [director of the feast]. And they bare it. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine [beautiful, but chiefly (fig.) good (lit. or mor.), i.e. valuable or virtuous]; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse [less]: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory [OUR JOY]; and his disciples believed on him.
1. (Ezek 11:19,20) And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh [“and the Word was made flesh” John 1:14]: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
2. What did the servants do? Are they men or angels, or both?
3. What is wine? It is water with fruit that has been changed, transformed, metamorphosized through fermentation (meditation) into wine. What do you suppose the caterpillar is doing inside that cocoon all the while he is being transformed? What came out of those six waterpots?
4. (Rom 12:2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing [renovation /// restoration: renewing /// new] of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
WHAT DID GOD COMMAND JOSHUA TO DO?
(Josh 1:7-9) Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart [withdraw: remove] out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate [ponder: study] therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do [to hedge about; guard, protect (others and yourself)] according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
1. (James 1:22) But be ye doers of the word [logos], and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.