ALL ABOUT YOU: GIDEON - CHAPTER 44
YOU ARE BEING MADE SHINING STARS
(Gen 1:26) And God ['elohiym, el-o-heem'; (plural)] said, Let us make man in our image [resemblance; hence a representative figure], after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
1. (1 Th 5:23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless [faultless] unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. sanctify = Gk: to make holy, i.e. (cer.) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate [Dict: to regard with reverence, or revere]:--hallow, be holy, sanctify (an awful thing); sacred (phys. pure, mor. blameless or religious, cer. consecrated):--(most) holy (one, thing), saint.
3. Born-again men and women are being trained up (Prov 22:6) on this earth (basic training in the Army of God) each as a representative of God - delegate, congressman, congresswoman, councilor, legislator, senator. Upon graduation, we shall be sent as stars, ministering angels, messengers to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire universe.
(Gen 1:27,28) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him [indenified by “him”]; male and female created he them [as a unit of One]. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth [with what?], and subdue it: and have dominion [2x] over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
1. (Gen 2:21,22) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib [a supporting part], which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman [womb man], and brought her unto the man.
2. “And God blessed them.” Prior to Gen 2:21,22, the “them” that God blessed was a single unit of One with two aspects, i.e. personalities, natures, dispositions.
3. blessed = Heb: barak, baw-rak'; to kneel; by impl. to bless God (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit); also (by euphemism) to curse (God or the king, as treason):-- X abundantly, X altogether, X at all, blaspheme, bless, congratulate, curse, X greatly, X indeed, kneel (down), praise, salute, X still, thank.
4. “and God said unto them,” but first He blessed them with (some of) His attributes so they could “hear” and “understand” His words.
5. First command: “Be fruitful [bear, bring forth (fruit), (be, cause to be, make) fruitful, grow, increase] and multiply [increase]”
6. Second command: “and re-plenish the earth” = (also Gen 9:1): Dict: 1. to bring back to a state of fullness or completeness. 2. to supply (a fire, stove, etc.) with fresh fuel. 3. to fill again or anew. [Gen 1:2; Isa 14:12-14; Jer 4:23-26; Ezek 28:11-17; 2 Pet 3:5-7]
7. Third command: “and subdue it” = Heb: to tread down; hence neg. to disregard; pos. to conquer, subjugate, violate:--bring into bondage, force, keep under, subdue, bring into subjection. [i.e. domesticate - the beasts of the field]
8. (Eccl 3:18) I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them [make apparent to them], and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
9. Fourth command: “and have dominion”= Heb: to tread down, i.e. subjugate; spec. to crumble off:--(come to, make to) have dominion, prevail against, reign, (bear, make to) rule, (-r, over), take.
THE NEW BIRTH
(Gen 2:7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust [clay, earth, mud] of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1. “the breath of life” (Spirit) merged with the clay (body) and birthed a living soul
2. (Luke 1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her [Mary - body], The Holy Ghost [Spirit] shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. [what came out of Mary?]
3. (Acts 2:1-4) And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [what came out of the disciples?]
4. “and man became a living soul” in the sense of having been given an indwelling spirit (“the breath of life”). Man was thereby able to commune with God through his indwelling spirit, spirit to Spirit. “God is a Spirit” (John 4:24). The Holy Spirit dwells within our regenerating spirit.
5. (Titus 3:3-6) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of re-generation [(spiritual) re-birth, i.e. (fig.) spiritual re-novation], and re-newing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
6. (Mat 26:27,28) And he took the cup [of wine], and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission [pardon: forgiveness] of sins.
7. (John 19:34) But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side [“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,” John 1:14], and forthwith came there out [i.e. was shed] blood and water [i.e. the rhema word and the logos word].
8. What happens when you open the Bible like Jesus’s flesh was opened? What comes out? New Testament and Old Testament; blood and water.
LETS TALK ABOUT ADAM
(1 Cor 15:45) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul [given life]; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit [life giving].
1. Adam = Heb: ruddy, i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person /// (to show blood in the face), i.e. flush or turn rosy:--be (dyed, made) red (ruddy). [Lev 17:11a For the life of the flesh is in the blood:]
2. Adam is a clear type and shadow of Jesus Christ.
3. Adam being the firstborn (a type of Jesus Christ) was also the container. Are we not “in Christ” (77x), i.e. contained in the body of Christ? Adam is the six waterpots of stone (symbolizing man) filled with water in John 2:6,7; Eph 5:26. Adam is the wooden ship (symbolizing man) in Mark 6:45 “And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side.” Adam is the entire Bible, the logos word, the visible flesh which contains the blood within; Adam is the container.
4. What came out of Adam’s side, symbolically? From within the logos word of Adam came out (symbolically birthed) the woman, who represents or symbolizes the blood of the New Testament, the rhema word of the Bible, the wine from the waterpots, and the disciples from the ship.
BE FRUITFUL, AND MULTIPLY
(Dan 12:3) And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness [brilliancy] of the firmament; and they that turn many [increase, multiply: Gen 1:28] to righteousness [i.e. salvation] as the stars for ever and ever.
1. shine = Heb: gleam; fig. to enlighten (by caution):--admonish, shine, teach, (give) warn (-ing.
2. stars = Heb: (in the sense of rolling) or (in the sense of blazing); a star (as round or as shining); fig. a prince:--star /// to prick or penetrate; hence to blister (as smarting or eating into):--burn.
3. Israel = Heb: 1. Strong’s: he will rule as God /// to prevail:--have power (as a prince). 2. Barbour: a prince with God, prevailing with God. 3. Jackson: he shall be prince of God. 4. Smith’s: the prince that prevails with God. 5. Nelson’s: prince with God.
(Mat 5:14 a) Ye are the light [(to shine or make manifest); luminousness] of the world [kosmos: universe].