BUILDING THE TOWER OF BABEL DESCRIBES OUR GLOBAL WORLD,
AND IS A PROPHECY OF OUR IMMNINENT DESTRUCTION
Biblical types and shadows always fulfill
05-25-14 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
THE CONTRARY PATH TO LIFE
(Gen 10:32) These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood. (Gen 11:1-3) And the whole earth was of one language [they heard the same stuff], and of one speech [they spoke the same stuff, and they were of one mind: in our present application, the whole earth has been unified by the computer. This is a negative type and shadow of what we shall be, “one man” Judg 6:16]. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar [a plain after this incident called Babylon: Heb: confusion = our now present and increasingly dominating (towering) state of mind and world]; and they dwelt there [yep, that’s us]. And they said one to another [significantly, without first asking (consulting) God], Go to, let us make brick [parenthetically, an altar], and burn them [Heb: set on fire] [then to physically solidify, but now to spiritually cleanse us] thoroughly [utterly, in imitation (counterfeit) to what the LORD is doing in us; resulting then in a highly negative opposite outcome]. And they had brick for stone [modernizations, our supposed improvements, upon what God has given us], and slime [which contains no water but organic compounds] had they for [instead of] morter [mortar, containing water (symbolic of the Holy Spirit)].
1. let us make = Heb: to be (or become) white [the color symbolic of purity]; also to make bricks: - be white, make white.
2. brick = Heb: a brick (from the whiteness of the clay): - (altar of) brick.
3. (Exo 20:25) And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone [Heb: something cut, dressed stone]: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it [Heb: profaned: defiled, prostituted].
a. (Psa 127:1) A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep [Heb: to hedge about, guard, protect] the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
4. slime = Heb: bitumen (as rising to the surface): - slime (-pit) /// properly to boil up; hence to ferment (with scum); to glow (with redness); to smear with pitch: - daub, foul, be red, trouble.
a. slime = Dict: 1. thin, glutinous [gluey] mud. 2. any ropy or viscous [sticky] liquid matter, esp. of a foul or offensive kind. 3. a viscous secretion of animal or vegetable origin.
b. bitumen = Dict: 1. any of various natural substances, as asphalt, maltha, gibsonite, etc. consisting mainly of hydrocarbons [organic compounds]. 2. a brown tar or asphaltlike substance.
5. morter [mortar] = Heb: a bubbling up, of water, a wave; of earth, mire or clay (cement).
A CITY, A TOWER, AND A NAME THEY WANTED
(Gen 11:4) And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven [these were their thoughts and aspirations (imaginations) of being masters of the universe]; and let us make us a name [a one-world government was the very clear intent], lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
1. Commentary: “scattered abroad…” = (from the people’s point-of-view): and through our dissolution (disbanding, breaking up into individual parts, i.e., nations) we become relatively powerless when compared to the wonderfully intense concentration of supreme power (glory) we will have if we successfully effect our agenda of unification, a one-world government.
2. (Mat 5:14) Ye are the light [Gk: manifesting rays; illumination: fire] of the world [Gk: kosmos (universe)]. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
3. a tower = Heb: a tower (from its size or height); by analogy a rostrum: - castle, pulpit /// properly to twist, to be (make) large (in various senses, as in body, mind, estate or honor, also in pride): - boast, wax great, increase, lift up, magnify, promote, proudly [spoken], tower /// (in the sense of twisting).
a. (Gen 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night [Heb: a twist (away of the light), (fig.) adversity]. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
4. a name = Heb: (through the idea of definite and conspicuous position); an appellation, as a mark or memorial; by implication honor, authority, character: - famous name, renown.
THE CITY, THE TOWER, AND THE NAME THEY GOT
(Gen 11:5,6) And the LORD came down [like He did prior to the angels’ visit to Sodom] to see the city and the tower, which the children of men [versus the children of God] builded [Oh oh, big trouble now]. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one [the counterfeit of “one man” Judg 6:16], and they have all one language; and this they begin to do [thereby manifesting the cooperation of single-mindedness, i.e., one mind, beginning (striving) to form a one-world government (President Obama’s theology)]: and now nothing [no sin (adversity and affront to God)] will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
1. (Gen 6:4,5) There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [fallen angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children [(mutations)] to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
2. (1 Cor 10:5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
3. Commentary: “imaginations” = refers to the minds of evil men who have attained the evil thought-stature of giants, being the most powerful evil men of their respective time (they thought big nasty things), e.g., Genghis Khan, Herod, Hitler, Stalin, etc., and each were probable chronological repositories during their time for the Devil, The Antichrist host. Not being omnipresent, the Devil can personally only dwell in one person at a time. If you were the Devil, who would you want to dwell in (exercise control of)? Who do you think the Devil now dwells in?
THIS PROPHECY IS BEING FULFILLED
(Gen 11:7-9) Go to, let us [the triune Godhead] go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off [Heb: desisted: ceased] to build the city [they successfully built no city and no tower (i.e., no one-world government), and received the name of Babel]. Therefore is the name of it called Babel [Heb: confusion]; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
1. confound = Heb: to overflow [as He did Noah’s world] (specifically with oil) [a symbol of the Holy Spirit]; by implication to mix: - anoint, mingle, mix [with us representing the Holy Spirit].
2. (2 Thes 2:10-12) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish [Gk: are destroyed: die]; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie [or believe a liar, The Antichrist, as symptomatic of lies]: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
3. Commentary: Through the permissive will of God in these the end-times, our world is presently receiving “strong delusion” (2 Thes 2:11) which is related to and the fulfillment of the Babylonian type and shadow of confounding their language, resulting in “confusion.”
4. Commentary: Is this study important, relevant to the present? Well, the word “Babylon” (derived from Babel) appears 294 times in the Bible, and six times in the book of Revelation (Rev 14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2,10,21). What do you think? God bless you. J