FEAR GOD, AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM… FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND
Biblical types and shadows always fulfill, they are incremental prophecies
06-15-14 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
(Rev 1:3) Blessed [Gk: happy] is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
THE LAMB OF GOD, AND THE 144,000
And I looked, and, lo, a
Lamb stood on the
1. Commentary: “a Lamb stood on the mount Zion” = the Lamb of God, the now returned Christ Jesus, all encompassing, stands upon the throne of highest mountain or hill in the city of Jerusalem symbolizing both grandeur (mountain) and modesty (hill), both splendor (mountain) and somberness (hill) as “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS” Rev 19:16.
(Rev 14:2-5) And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters [symbolizing many peoples (Saints)], and as the voice of a great thunder [great power, judgment]: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song [perhaps “the song of the Lamb” Rev 15:3] before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed [Gk: purchased] from the earth. These are they which were not defiled [Gk: soiled] with women [i.e., not accepting of unclean thoughts, Satan’s thoughts: Gen 3:6]; for they are virgins [faithful to God’s thoughts, the Bible]. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth [“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” John 1:14]. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits [shepherds/pastors go before, leading the flock] unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile [Gk: deceit]: for they are without fault [“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus” Rom 8:1] before the throne of God.
(Rev 14:6,7) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth [When? During the 1,000 year Millennium wherein millions, perhaps billions, will be saved], and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people [after the Millennium, everlasting, eternally], Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
1. everlasting = Gk: perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
2. gospel = Gk: a good message, the gospel /// to announce good news (“evangelize”) especially the gospel: - declare, bring (declare, show) glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel).
3. (Mark 16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world [Gk: kosmos; (universe)], and preach the gospel to every creature [a categorization including but not limited to man].
(Rev 14:8) And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon [Heb: confusion] [which results in chaos, the opposite of the order that God began in Genesis 1:1-5] is fallen [spiritual Babylon: Rev 17], is fallen [secular- commercial Babylon: Rev 18], that great city [located in Iraq 53 miles south of Baghdad], because she made all nations drink of the wine [Heb: intoxication] of the wrath of her fornication.
1. fornication = Gk: harlotry, including adultery and incest; (fig.) idolatry /// to act the harlot, indulge in unlawful lust (of either sex), or (fig.) practice idolatry:
2. idol = Dict: . 1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed. 2. Bible. a false god, as of a heathen people.
3. idolatry = Dict: 1. the worship of idols. 2. blind adoration, reverence, or devotion.
4. (Exo 20:3-6) Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity [Heb: sin] of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me [the unsaved]; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me [the saved], and keep my commandments.
THE ANTICHRIST BEAST AND THE ANTICHRIST MEN
(Rev 14:9-11) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast [Gk: a dangerous animal: - (venomous, wild) beast] and his image, and receive his mark [Gk: scratch or etching: graven] in his forehead [an allusion to his thoughts], or in his hand [the works motivated by his thoughts], The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name [Why? Because these unsaved peoples (ultimately, groupings or clusters of thoughts) are exclusively “the thoughts” of Satan – we are “thought” creations and thought creatures].
1. (Eccl 12:7) Then shall the dust [our earthly thoughts – Satanic thoughts] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [encompassing only those thoughts that have been “transformed” (Rom 12:2) into spiritual thoughts – godly thoughts] shall return unto God who gave it.
(Rev 14:12,13) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth [during the Great Tribulation through martyrdom, the fifth seal: Rev 6:9-11; 7:13-17]: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
THE LORD CHRIST JESUS: THE JUDGMENT OF THE EVIL
(Rev 14:14-16) And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man [Christ Jesus], having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle [Gk: a gathering hook (especially for harvesting)] [the sickle (gravel) of judgment]. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the [iniquity of the] earth is ripe. And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped [judged].
1. ripe = Gk: xeraino; desiccated; by implic. shriveled, mature: - dry up, pine away, wither (away).
2. Commentary: The Holy Spirit is symbolized by water; Jesus said “For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?” (Luke 23:31). No Holy Spirit, no salvation.
THE DESTROYER: THE RETRIBUTION OF THE EVIL
[but this is not “the Son of man”] came out of the temple which is
in heaven, he also having a sharp
sickle [“the destroyer” Exo 12:23; Job
15:21; Psa 7:14; Jer 4:7; 1 Cor 10:10].
And another angel came out from
the altar [the Heavenly
fulfillment of the brazen altar that symbolized, was a type and shadow of,
salvation in the Old Testament],
which had power over fire [the means
of our salvation: Deut 4:24; 9:3; Heb 12:29]; and cried with a loud cry
to him that had the sharp sickle, saying,
Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the
earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. And
the angel [“the
destroyer”] thrust in his sickle into
the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth,
and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And
the winepress was trodden without the
1. (Exo 12:23) For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer [Heb: permit, allow] the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
a. destroyer = Heb: to decay, ruin: - batter, cast off, corrupter, corrupt thing, destroy (-er, -uction), lose, mar, perish, spill, spoiler, X utterly, waste (-r).
2. (John 12:48) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words [Gk: rhema - Grace], hath one that judgeth him: the word [Gk: logos - Law] that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
a. (Deut 19:21) And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.