A BIG-PICTURE TWO THOUSAND YEAR PERSPECTIVE
Jesus Christ, who is “the Word made flesh” (John 1:14), i.e., the Bible, expended 3 ˝ years inseminating the willing people around him with “His seed” (Luke 8:5) which is the Word of God (the process of justification). This insemination was done in opposition and contrast to Satan and his demons (fallen angels) who forcibly “rape” unwilling people, which action is graphically pictured “among the thorns” (Mat 13:22). Jesus Christ’s seed is “the good seed” (Mat 13:37,38) that was and still is planted and hidden inside willing people. Are you willing to bear His seed? Since the time of Jesus Christ’s acts of insemination (preaching and teaching), His sown seed has matured through a gestation period, or the tribulation of pregnancy, for “about two thousand” years (Josh 3:4; Mark 5:13). Then as we spring forward about two thousand years to this present time, the fruit of that inseminated seed has been gestating, evolving, and maturing (the process of sanctification) in many members but one body (Rom 12:4), particularly identified as ‘the Christ generation’ (Mat 1:16,17; Psa 22:30); yes, a two thousand year generation. That seed is about to be birthed forth through a comparatively brief period of 3 ˝ years of travail or great tribulation, which will be drastically “shortened” (Mat 24:22), and will occur as the end of this wonderful two thousand year pregnancy. The matured seed will issue forth (the process of glorification) “in one day” (Isa 66:8), in the supernatural form of many little “Words of God,” i.e., us, Christians (diminutive of Christ and pluralized) (Obad 21), altogether being manifested “as one man” (Judg 6:16), as the corporate “sons of God” (Rom 8:19), as “the body of Christ” (1 Cor 12:27; Eph 4:11,12), and as the composite “man child” (Rev 12:5).
1. (John 1:14) And the Word [of God] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
2. (Luke 8:5) A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
3. (Mat 13:37,38) He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom [imputed for righteousness, saved, born-again]; but the tares [Gk: darnel or false grain] [poisonous, unsaved, evil seed] are the children of the wicked one;
4. (Mat 1:16,17) And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus [the thirteenth generation from the carrying away into Babylon], who is called Christ. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations [the supernatural Christ generation, a single approximately 2,000 years old generation].
5. (Psa 22:30) A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted [Heb: tallied: reckoned, numbered] to the Lord for a generation.
6. (Obad 1:21) And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau [a symbol of the flesh]; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.
7. (Judg 6:14-16) And the LORD [Jehovah/YHWH/Yahweh] looked upon him [Gideon], and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee? And he [Gideon] said unto him [the angel of the Lord], Oh my Lord [Heb: Adonai], wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house. And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.
8. (Rom 8:18,19) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us [revealed as a single unified unit in the woman (church), and revealed in each individual of us as members of the same body]. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
9. (1 Cor 12:27) Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
10. (Eph 4:11,12) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying [Gk: building up] of the body of Christ:
11. (Rev 12:4-6) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman [the church, the sheep (Rachael: Heb: ewe, sheep)] which was ready to be delivered [Gk: in travail] [in Great Tribulation], for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up [Gk: harpazo; to take for oneself; prefer] [raptured] unto God, and to his throne. And the woman [the remaining church] fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days [3 ˝ years].
12. Commentary: The latter verses (Rev 12:4-6) do correlate with Gideon’s vigilant 300 (the man-child) being first “retained,” i.e., raptured, caught up to God, and then the remaining 9,700 (the church) being sent back to their tents.
a. (Judg 7:8) So the people [the 300] took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel [the 9,700] every man unto his tent, and retained [Heb: to fasten upon; to seize: catch, take hold] [raptured up - to the top of the mountains] those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley.