STRONG DELUSION IS COMPOSED OF MANY CONVINCING LIES
09-22-13 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
THE NAME OF THE ANTICHRIST
(Rev 13:1) And I [John] stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast [Gk: therion; a dangerous animal: (venomous, wild) beast] rise up out of the sea [a biblical symbol of humanity], having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy [i.e., a wicked evil character designation].
1. (1 John 2:18,19) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist [Gk: an opponent of the Messiah] shall come, even now are there many antichrists [2,000 years ago]; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest [apparent to all the world] that they were not all of us. [Christ = Gk: anointed, i.e. the Messiah]
2. Commentary: “a beast” = this worldly “beast” (Gk: therion; a dangerous animal: (venomous, wild) beast) may be contrasted to the heavenly “four beasts” (Gk: zoon; a live thing, i.e. an animal) that appear in Rev 6:1-8 who authoritatively issue forth a commanding-invitation for our attention.
3. blasphemy = Gk: vilification (espec. against God):--blasphemy, evil speaking, railing /// scurrilous, i.e. calumnious (against man), or (spec.) impious (against God):--blasphemer (-mous), railing.
THE ANTICHRIST IS REVEALED AS A (BEAST) MAN CHANNELING THE POWER OF SATAN
(Rev 13:2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard [a carnivore noted for deadly swiftness], and his feet were as the feet of a bear [a carnivore noted for strength and ferocity], and his mouth as the mouth of a lion [a carnivore herein noted for a loud frightening roar]: and the dragon [Gk: a fabulous kind of serpent (perh. as supposed to fascinate)] [i.e., Satan] gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
1. (2 Th 2:7-12) For the mystery of iniquity [Gk: lawlessness, unrighteousness] doth already work: only he [the Holy Spirit] who now letteth [“restrains” NKJV] will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked [The Antichrist, the cause of the Great Tribulation] be revealed [Gk: to take off the cover, disclosed /// hide], whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth [the Holy Spirit; the Word of God], and shall destroy with the brightness [Gk: manifestation, i.e. (spec.) the advent of Christ] of his coming [His second coming, a co-event at and as the conclusion of the Great Tribulation]: Even him [The Antichrist], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness [Gk: delusion] of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth [Jesus Christ: John 14:6], that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie [originated by the Father of Lies (John 8:44), Satan]: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
a. (2 Chr 18:18-22) Again he [Micaiah the prophet] said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. And the LORD [Heb: Jehovah] said, Who shall entice [Heb: deceive] Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner. Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice [Heb: deceive] him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith [Heb: How]? And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his [400 prophets] prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice [Heb: deceive] him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee [king Ahab]. [ref: 1 Kings 22: 22,23]
2. Commentary: “the dragon” = Gk: a fabulous kind of serpent (perh. as supposed to fascinate). The phrase “supposed to fascinate” is the phrase that Dr. Strong applies in his Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. “Dragon” is a fairly frequent biblical name for and allusion to Satan (Rev 12:9). Knowing that, some interesting and quite appropriate synonyms of “fascinate” are: charm, attract, enthrall, mesmerize [hypnotize], captivate, interest, absorb, intrigue, appeal, beguile, allure, entice, put under a spell, all of which are descriptions of “the working of Satan” and also apt descriptions of “delusion” which has now been greatly intensified into “strong delusion.”
3. (2 Cor 4:4) In whom the god of this world [Satan] hath blinded [deluded, deceived] the minds of them which believe not, lest the light [Gk: illumination] of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine [Gk: to beam forth /// a ray of light, dawn] unto them.
4. (Eph 2:2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world [Rom 12:2], according to the prince [Satan] of the power of the air [words fly invisibly through the air and are literally, power in the air], the spirit [“a lying spirit”] that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
5. (John 14:30) Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world [Satan] cometh, and hath nothing in me.
6. Commentary: “his power, his seat, great authority” = in context can only mean a one-world ruler sitting upon the throne of the world, or the throne of the most powerful authoritative nation in the world, which is currently the seat or the throne of the President of the United States of America.
THE ONE-WORLD ORDER UNDER ANTICHRIST
(Rev 13:3,4) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed [a type of resurrection]: and all the world wondered [Gk: admired, have in admiration, marveled] after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon [Satan, through the pagan idolatry of the one-world order system] which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
1. Commentary: The One-world Order does not have the doctrine of the separation of church and state, as generally does the United States, but instead is in line with Muslim theology that invests both church and state into their “One-world under Islam” belief system, governed and ruled by the Koran.
2. Commentary: “as it were” = indicates that the statement is not physical but symbolic and can refer to several things, for example, an incumbent political leader loses the re-election for office (a type of death), and then later assumes that office through some other means (a type of resurrection), or The Antichrist loses his office through impeachment (a type of death) and then later regains that office through some other means (a type of resurrection), a military coup (revolution, rebellion) for example.
3. Commentary: “and all the world wondered after the beast” = indicates that whatever the nature of the resurrection event, it affected and perhaps vitally concerned the audience of the entire world. From this we may safely conclude that the beast-man Antichrist was most likely in prominent worldwide view before he was “wounded to death,” i.e., the beast-man Antichrist was an existing world leader.
ROARING BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD
(Rev 13:5-10) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things [the lion aspect greatly emphasized] and blasphemies [lies]; and power [control of the reins of the white horse (Rev 6:1,2) of strong delusion] was given unto him to continue forty and two months [3 ˝ years]. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations [i.e., the One-world government is instituted]. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [The Antichrist], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
1. Commentary: “all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him” = indicating, at this point, that we who will not worship him, but remain faithful to the Lord, will no longer be here; we will have been translated, raptured, with the co-event of the second coming of Jesus Christ that concludes the Great Tribulation.
2. (Dan 7:20-22) And of the ten horns that were in his [The Antichrist’s] head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
3. (Dan 7:25,26) And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out [Heb: afflict] the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand [Heb: power] until a time and times and the dividing of time [3 ˝ years]. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.