(John 8:23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world [kosmos: the (physical) universe]; I am not of this world [kosmos: the (physical) universe].
1. (John 4:24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(John 17:14-18) I have given them [the disciples] thy word [logos]; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [evil in effect or influence]. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word [logos] is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
1. apostello, ap-os-tel'-lo; set apart, i.e. (by impl.) to send out (prop. on a mission): put in, send (away, forth, out), set [at liberty]. [apostle]
(John 18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence [here].
WE ARE SENT INTO THE WORLD
(Mat 13:31,32) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least [smallest; most humble, most innocent] of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among [other] herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air [Satan: Mark 4:4,15 (i.e. his fallen angels, unclean spirits, demons)] come and lodge [to camp down, i.e. haunt; fig. to remain] in the branches thereof [representing??].
1. mustard = Dict: a pungent powder or paste prepared from the seed of the mustard plant, much used as a food seasoning or condiment, and medicinally in plasters, poultices, etc.
2. pungent = Dict: 1. sharply affecting the organs of taste, as if by a penetrating power; biting; acrid. 2. acutely distressing to the feelings or mind. 3. caustic, biting, or sharply expressive, as speech. 4. mentally stimulating or appealing. 5. Biol. Piercing or sharp-pointed.
3. (Heb 4:12) For the word [logos] of God is quick [alive, living], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
4. (Luke 8:11b) The seed is the word [logos] of God. [Our body is the pod which contains the seed, i.e. the seed pod; and in the harvest, our body becomes the chaff]
5. (Mat 13:38) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
6. (Mark 10:15) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child [a childling, i.e. (prop.) an infant], he shall not enter therein.
7. herb = Dict: a flowering plant whose stem above ground does not become woody or persistent. [soul]
8. tree = Dict: a perennial plant having a permanent, woody, self-supporting main stem or trunk, ordinarily growing to a considerable height, and usually developing branches some distance from the ground. [spirit]
9. perennial = Dict: 1. lasting for an indefinitely long time; enduring. 2. Bot. having a life cycle lasting more than two years. 3. lasting or continuing throughout the year, as a stream. 4. perpetual; everlasting.
10. What do fallen angels represent? What are we talking about here?
(Rom 12:1,2) I beseech you therefore, brethren [saved, born again believers], by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies [your seed pods] a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed [fashion self according to] to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing [renovation /// restoration] of your mind [intellect: understanding], that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1. (1 Cor 6:19) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
2. transformed = Gk: metamorphoo; to transform ("metamorphose"): changed, transfigured, transform.
A BIOLOGICAL PARALLEL
Commentary: The earthly caterpillar (biblically called a worm) crawling along on the dirt of the ground (you and I) sees and attaches himself to a tree (the old wooden cross), and a cocoon that is a hedge [Job 1:10] for his formation, protection, and restraint forms all about him (The Word of God: John 1:14; for we are “in Christ” 77x). Within this cocoon hedge (womb), the (born again) caterpillar is transformed, changed, mutated, metamorphosed, and eventually emerges from the cocoon hedge womb to fly up into the blue sky (Heaven) as a beautiful butterfly.
Isn’t the Word of God also like a womb for our formation, protection, and restraint? And doesn’t the Word of God (the Bible) provide all the nutrients necessary for healthy growth?
EVIL MUTATIONS, LIKE GIANTS
(Gen 6:1-4) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God [i.e. fallen angels (specifically)] saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants [mutations: ass + horse = mule] in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
1. mutate = Dict: 1. to change; alter. 2. to change; undergo mutation.
2. mutation = Dict: 1. act or process of changing. 2. a change or alteration, as in form, qualities, or nature. 3. Biol. a. a sudden departure from the parent type, as when an individual differs from its parents in one or more heritable characteristics, caused by a change in the gene or chromosome. b. an individual species, or the like, resulting from such a departure.
3. mutant = Dict: undergoing mutation; resulting from mutation. 2. a new type of organism produced as a result of mutation.
4. Why did this union result in evil giants? Answer: done in disobedience without the Word of God. Frankenstein is a parallel attempt by man in Mary Shelley’s novel.
GOOD MUTATIONS, LIKE JESUS
(Luke 1:34,35) Then said Mary unto the angel [Gabriel], How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
GOOD MUTATIONS, LIKE US
(John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again [anew: from above], he cannot see the kingdom of God.
(2 Cor 5:17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.