SAMSON’S UNCONTROLLED LUST SEEKS TO JOIN (MARRY) HIS SELF TO THE WORLD
(Judg 14:1,2) And Samson [sunlight] went down [to descend, downwards] to Timnath [a portion assigned], and saw a woman in Timnath [a portion assigned] of the daughters of the Philistines [rolling, migratory/// to roll in dust: wallow self (a type of the unsaved peoples of the world)]. And he came up, and told his father and his mother, and said, I have seen a woman in Timnath [a portion assigned] of the daughters of the Philistines: now therefore get her for me to wife.
1. New Scofield Study System Bible: Eventually the Philistines gave their name to the whole land, in the form “Palestine.”
2. (Deu 7:1-6) When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. For thou art an holy people [i.e. Nazarites - seperate] unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. [Exo 34:12-16]
3. (2 Cor 6:14-18) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord [accord] hath Christ with Belial [worthlessness]? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel [faithless, increditable thing, unbelieving]? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate [i.e. a Nazarite], saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
4. (Luke 15:15) And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
(Judg 14:3,4) Then his father and his mother [both now saved, born again, imputed for righteousness] said unto him, Is there never [not] a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the LORD, that he sought an occasion [an opportunity to provoke] against the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines had dominion over Israel.
1. (Judg 21:25) In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. [Jud 17:6]
(Judg 14:5,6) Then went Samson [the son of man] down [to disobey the Lord], and his father and his mother, to Timnath, and came to the vineyards of Timnath [the fruit of the land of the unsaved]: and, behold, a young lion [who could this represent??] roared against him [against saved but sinful man]. And the spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent [tore] him [the young lion] as he would have rent a kid [a young goat (a sacrificial animal)], and he had nothing in his hand [no helping tool made by man, no axe, knife, sword; emphasizing that it was of the Lord]: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.
1. (Luke 23:45,46) And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
2. (Heb 10:19,20) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
(Judg 14:7-9) And he went down, and talked with the woman; and she pleased Samson well. And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase [fall, ruin] of the [physically dead] lion [symbolically, the Bible: John 1:14]: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees [“busy as bees” the writers of the 66 books of the Bible] and honey [the word of god] in the carcase of the lion [to give resurrected spiritual life to those who eat (partake) of the death of the Lion of Judah]. And he took thereof in his hands [the “tool” give by God], and went on eating, and came to his father and mother, and he gave them [evangelizing: Mark 16:15], and they did eat: but he told not them that he had taken the honey out of the carcase of the lion [“he shall come at no dead body” Num 6:6 – Nazarite vow; a typification of Jesus Christ].
1. (Exo 3:8) And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey [6x & 20x]; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
2. (Prov 24:13,14) My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste: So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
3. (Isa 11:9) They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD [i.e. flowing with milk and honey], as the waters cover the sea.
4. (Heb 5:12-14) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat [nourishment, food (i.e. honey)]. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses [organs of perception, judgment] exercised [practiced, trained] to discern both good and evil.
5. Wilson’s Dictionary Of Bible Types: The Word of God is to the soul what honey is to the body. The Scriptures are frequently referred to as honey and the honeycomb.
6. (Ezek 2:1-10) And he said unto me, Son of man [i.e. Samsom (sunlight): saved but sinful], stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me. And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day. For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein; And he spread it before me; and it was written within [logos] and without [rhema]: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe. (Ezek 3:1-4) Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. And he said unto me, Son of man [7x], go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them [but where do “my words” come from??].
7. (Rev 10:7-10) But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.