SAMSON “the son of man” SEEKS A WIFE IN THE FLESH
(Judg 14:1-4) And Samson [sunlight; Gen 1:3 “Let there be light”] went down [downward] to Timnath [a portion assigned], and saw a woman [a Gentile] in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines. And he came up [returned], and told his father and his mother, and said, I have seen a woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines [rolling, migratory /// to roll (in dust): roll (wallow) self]: now therefore get her for me to wife [to be my bride]. Then his father and his mother said unto him [types of God and the Holy Spirit speaking from the Law], Is there never [not] a woman among the daughters of thy brethren [Jews], or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised [unsaved] Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the LORD [and neither did Samson], that he [the LORD] sought an occasion against [to seek a quarrel; TO PROVOKE] the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines [the flesh] had dominion [rule: reign, power] over Israel [the spirit].
1. Samson “the son of God” was motivated in the Spirit (in his subconscious) by God, and went down from Heaven symbolically, and chose Him a woman (the church) of the Gentiles to be His bride.
2. subsconscious = Dict: 1. existing or operating beneath or beyond consciousness: the subconscious self. 2. imperfectly or not wholly conscious. 3. the totality of mental processes of which the individual is not aware; unreportable mental activities. [sub (submerged like an iceberg) conscious]
3. (Job 33:14,14) For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
4. (1 Ki 19:11-13) And he [God] said, Go forth [to Elijah], and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice [inside him]. And it was so, when Elijah heard it [to hear intelligently: understand] that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold [lo], there came a voice unto him [outside him], and said, What doest thou here, Elijah? [God communes with us like telephathy, i.e. silently, with no sound waves]
5. still = Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance: Heb: silence /// to be dumb: be silent, keep (put to) silence.
6. still = Wilson’s Old Testament Word Studies: to be dumb, silent; silence.
7. still = The Companion Bible by Kregel: the sound of stillness.
8. small = Heb: crushed.
(1 Th 5:23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly [indicating a process]; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. (1 Cor 2:14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [understand] them, because they are spiritually [divinely] discerned.
2. Let us now work with the terminology for the composition of man that the Lord God has given us in the Bible. Every man has a physical body, and inside that physical body lives an invisible spirit and an invisible soul. The science of psychology is secular (godless) man’s, natural man’s unknowing attempt (“they knew not that it was of the LORD” Judg 14:4) to identify, investigate, quantify, categorize and otherwise understand the soul of man (mind, will, emotions = the conscious aspect of man), and the spirit of man (the subconscious aspect of man). Psychologists occupied with a secular mind-set spend an awful lot of time, indeed most of their time, talking about what we who have a born again Christian mind-set believe to be clearly identified in the Bible as fallen angels, unclean spirits, or demons, and the accompanying manifestations of those inhabiting intelligent evil spirits. However, psychologists find our Christian beliefs absurd, ridiculous, laughable “foolishness” (1 Cor 2:14) because they do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit of God and are therefore incapable of recognizing the true nature of what or whom they are examining, accessing, and attempting to understand. Additionally, their education or learned frame of authoritative reference is derived solely from a secular world-view, which is a non-Biblical (no Light) orientation. Conseqently, a born again Christian may quite correctly state that adherents to the science of psychology, for the most part, have been blinded to the true nature of their perceptions of “inner man” by the god of this world (2 Cor 4:4). Nevertheless, although secular, some psychological terminology can be very helpful to the purpose of expanding our spiritual concept of God and thus our very intimate relationship to Him, when it is applied for example, to the God given symbolism of the Tabernacle of Moses.
3. Example: the Tabernacle of Moses diagram.
(Exo 25:22) And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.