SAMSON (the son of man - soul) CRUCIFIES “A TYPE” OF JESUS CHRIST (the Son of God – Spirit),
i.e. SOUL GETS THE VICTORY (hmmm… there must be something wrong here)
(Judg 14:5-7) Then went Samson [sunlight] down [downward], and his father and his mother, to Timnath [a portion assigned], and came to the vineyards of Timnath [the fruit of Timnath: the world]: and, behold, a young lion roared [ref: the Lion of Judah] against him [for his sin]. And the spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him [with the power for the act, but not the understanding of the act, for he “knew not that it was of the LORD” v.4], and he [Samson (us) in the flesh - soul] rent him as he would have rent a kid [ref: the Lamb of God], and he had nothing in his hand [no tool of man, i.e. axe, knife, intimating that it was a supernatural act of God. Who else had the power to rent the Son of God?]: but he told not his father or his mother [Orthodox Judaism: the then existing religious system of the Jews, the Old Testament, the Old Covenant] what he had done. And he went down, and talked with the woman [the church]; and she pleased Samson well.
1. (Mark 15:9-14) But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews? For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy [ill-will i.e. jealousy]. But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas [son of his father (a murderer and insurrectionist: rebel, insurgent, rioter, radical, revolutionary)] unto them. And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews? And they [the people (us)] cried out again, Crucify him. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they [the people (us)] cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.
2. (John 8:44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning [he inhabited “the serpent” Gen 3:1], and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
3. (Luke 23:44-46) And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
4. (Heb 10:19,20) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
5. (John 19:10,11) Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. [i.e. God is in control]
6. Jesus Christ “the Son of God – spirit,” the spiritual man, presented His body in the flesh to Samson “the son of man - soul,” the natural man, as “a living sacrifice” (Rom 12:1). Who else but God Himself in the aspect of the Spirit of the LORD could have the power to rent the Lion of Judah (“a young lion” v.6), the Lamb of God (“a kid” v.7)?
Commentary: Jerusalem (whom we are) has the primary Hebrew meaning of “dual,” i.e. soul and spirit, conscious and subconscious. Conclusion: Inside the body of only a born again Christian, our subconscious (spirit) aspect is at war with our conscious (soul) aspect, and is putting the soul aspect to death daily, in effect, by crucifying or nailing our repented sins to the cross daily, i.e. taking the weight or burden of our soulical sins off of us and transferring or nailing them upon the cross of Jesus Christ (He IS our cross). “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself [i.e. his soulical lusts], and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” (Luke 9:23). The “good news” is that our subconscious (spirit) is winning and shall always win this war. Why? Because our subconscious (spirit) came from God and cannot die; God inhabits, dwells in, our subconscious. “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [that converted part of us, from soul into spirit, that believes – has faith: Rom 12:2] shall return unto God who gave it.” (Ecc 12:7).
1. (2 Cor 10:3-5) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal [fleshly, temporal], but mighty through God to the pulling down [demolition; fig. extinction: destruction] of strong holds [(fortifications); castles (fig. arguments)];) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing [pride, elevated places in our mind, strong holds] that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought [i.e. self-control] to the obedience of Christ;
2. (Gen 6:5,6) And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
3. (1 Cor 15:54-57) So when this corruptible [soul] shall have put on incorruption [spirit: Rom 12:2 been “transformed”], and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. (1 John 5:4,5) For whatsoever is born of God [John 3:3] overcometh the world [kosmos]: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
HOWEVER, AFTER HE CRUCIFIES THE LION AND GETS THE SEEMING VICTORY,
SAMSON (the son of man - soul), IN SYMBOLIC TYPE,
EATS THE FLESH AND DRINKS THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
(Judg 14:8,9) And after a time [i.e. a period of time has elasped] he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase [mappeleth; fall] of the lion [John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh”]: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees [prophets and writers of the 66 books of the Bible] and honey [Ezek 2:8-10; 3:1-4; Rev 10:7-10 the Word of God] in the carcase [geviyah; body] of the lion. And he took thereof in his hands, and went on eating [the Word of God], and came to his father and mother, and he gave them [(honey) Mark 16:15 “preach the gospel to every creature”], and they did eat [the Word of God]: but he told not them that he had taken the honey out of the [dead] carcase of the lion [1. in violation of his Nararite vow and Orthodox Judaism. 2. new wine into old bottles].
1. (John 12:23,24) And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn [seed] of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
2. (John 6:53-57) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat [food] indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me [the lion, the Bible: John 1:14], even he shall live by me.
3. (Mat 9:17) Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish [die]: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
(Rev 15:1-4) And I saw another sign [symbol] in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass [transparent /// (as being like rain)] mingled with fire [the antitype (fulfillment) of the brazen laver: i.e. the fulfillment of sanctification]: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast [their conscious mind, their soul], and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name , stand on [being supported by] the sea of glass [our utter sinless clear transparency mingled with the fire of God], having the harps of God [worship (thanksgiving)]. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.