A PARABLE ABOUT OUR ETERNAL SALVATION
01-20-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks. We who are saved, redeemed, imputed for righteousness, born-again, are ascending Jacob’s ladder. (Gen 28:12; John 1:51). God is Thought. Thoughts are Life. God’s angels are His manifested Thoughts. God is Love. God is a Spirit. God is the eternal Spirit from which all things, that are the entire manifested universe, was/is being created. All S(s)pirits are God’s thoughts. You are a part of God’s Spirit (Eccl 12:7); you will become either an eternal Spirit, or an eternal fallen spirit.
THE AGREEMENT (ORAL CONTRACT)
(Mat 20:1-7) For the kingdom of heaven [on earth] is like unto a man that is an householder [Jesus Christ], which went out early in the morning [Heb: dawn, day-brake] [6 am of the day]  to hire [Gk: let out for wages] labourers into his vineyard [his grape-yard] [2,3]. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny [about 17 cents] a day, he sent them into his vineyard [(ok, now let’s go to work)] . And he went out about the third hour [9 am of the day], and saw others standing idle [Gk: unemployed] in the marketplace [of the world], And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right [Gk: (fair), just: righteous] I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth [noon] and ninth hour [3 pm of the day], and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour [5 pm of the day] he went out, and found others standing idle [Gk: unemployed], and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle [Gk: unemployed]? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
1. (John 9:4,5) I [Jesus Christ] must work the works of him [Father God] that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh [i.e., the Great Tribulation], when no man can work [because we who have been raptured out (2 Thes 2:6-12) will no longer be here]. As long as I am in the world [or in men who are in the world], I am the light [Gk: luminousness] [syn: illumination, enlightenment] of the world.
vineyard” = is a parallel to the
Garden of Eden which is a type and
shadow of the
the LORD God took the man, and put him into the
garden [Heb: a
garden (as fenced)] of
3. (John 15:1) I [Jesus Christ] am the true vine [Gk: a vine (as coiling about a support)], and my Father [God] is the husbandman [Gk: farmer] [i.e., married to the land].
a. Commentary: men and women are symbolized by grapes that cling to and are nurtured into growth by the grapevine. Ultimately, the matured grapes are picked (separated from the world) and pressed, crushing and discarding the empty husk (bodies) to squeeze forth the juice of the fruit that, after a time of fermentation (meditation), becomes wine (revelations) – pleasing to God.
4. (Mark 16:15) And he said unto them [His disciples], Go ye into all the world [Gk: kosmos; “cosmos” (universe)], and preach the gospel [of love] to every creature [a huge category of living, breathing, moving entities to which mankind is but one sub-category].
THE END OF THE DAY OF WORK
(Mat 20:8-10) So when even was come [Gk: late afternoon (early evening)] [darkness and the Great Tribulation approaching], the lord of the vineyard [Jesus Christ] saith unto his steward [his assigned manager, superintendent], Call the labourers , and give them their hire [their reward], beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour [the last, representing us (New Testament workers)], they received every man a penny. But when the first came [the 6 am laborers (Old Testament workers)], they supposed that they should have received more [than those who came later]; and they likewise received every man a penny .
1. Commentary: “Call the labourers” = symbolically, the rapture, i.e., call to come to “the lord of the vineyard” (harvest) all those who obediently went to work in the vineyard, cultivating, caring for, and trimming the grapes, analogous to “dress it and keep it” (Gen 2:15) in the Garden of Eden.
supposed” = syn: reasoned, reckoned.
Being not able to fully comprehend
what the “penny” from
“the lord of the vineyard” truly represented, i.e., they did not
tremendous extreme preciousness of the “penny”
beyond its apparent secular value, but esteemed it exactly what their
eyes perceived it to be, merely a day’s wages that would buy (purchase)
worth of secular goods, and not “the key”
to the resplendent spiritual riches of the Kingdom of God. The penny
represented the seed of the
a. probation = Dict: 1. a testing or trial, as of a person’s character, ability to meet requirements, etc. 2. the suspension of sentence of a person convicted but not yet imprisoned, on condition of continued good behavior and regular reporting to a probation officer.
(Mat 20:11,12) And when [after] they [the 6 am first workers] had received it [the penny, i.e., past tense, they were probationary citizens now], they murmured [Gk: grumbled] against the goodman of the house [i.e., Jesus Christ], Saying, These last have wrought [Gk: worked] but one hour [the 5 pm last workers (us)], and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
(Mat 20:13-16) But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? [A deal is a deal; you received exactly your perception and expectation of what you agreed upon and worked for] Take that thine is [take your agreed upon reward], and go thy way [rather than my way] : I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful [i.e., have I broken any law?] for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil [“Thou shalt not covet” Exo 20:17], because I am good? So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called [to salvation], but few chosen [saved].
1. (Mark 4:16,17) And these are they likewise [like those “by the way side,” i.e., not saved, upon] which [the words (seeds) of God] are sown on stony ground [hearts]; who, when they have heard the word [of salvation], immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root [of Jesus Christ: Rev 22:16] in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended [“fall away” Luke 8:13; Gk: instigate to revolt, desert: depart, withdraw self].