GOD’S LOVE IS MANIFESTED IN US BY OUR SACRIFICIAL GIVING
01-28-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depend upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Luke 10:23,24) And he [Jesus] turned him unto his disciples [Gk: learners, pupils], and said privately, Blessed [Gk: happy] are the eyes which see the things that ye see: For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
WHAT THINGS? THESE THINGS:
(Luke 10:25-28) And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted [Gk: tested] him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and [love] thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live [an eternal life with God (“God is love” 1 John 4:8,16)].
(Luke 10:29-32) But he [the lawyer], willing [Gk: determined] to justify [Gk: to render, show, regard as just or innocent] himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour ? And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho , and fell among thieves , which stripped him of his raiment [his covering], and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead [i.e., appearing (possibly) dead]. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came [closer] and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
1. The Nelson Study Bible: The lawyer was looking for minimal obedience while Jesus was looking for absolute obedience.
2. Dake’s Annotated Reference
3. (John 10:10) The thief [Gk: a stealer] cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly [Gk: superior in quality].
(Luke 10:33-35) But a certain Samaritan , as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [Gk: felt sympathy, pity]  on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil [an Old Testament symbol of the Holy Spirit] and wine [a New Testament symbol of the Holy Spirit], and set him on his own beast [the ass is a biblical symbol of believers, that’s us] , and brought him to an inn [a place of temporary residence; a type and shadow of a church], and took care of [ministered to] him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence [“two day’s wages” Amplif. Bible] [an allusion to the Third Day prophecy] , and gave them to the host [the pastor], and said unto him, Take care of him [i.e., minister to him]; and whatsoever thou spendest more [in sacrificial giving], when I come again [i.e., at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ “in the third day” Hos 6:2], I will repay thee.
1. Commentary: the Samaritans were held by true Jews in high disrepute as being a mixed race of Jews contaminated by foreign blood and false worship.
2. (Mar 6:34) And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach [love] them many things.
3. (Mat 21:5-8) Tell ye the daughter of
4. (Hosea 6:1,2) Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up [i.e., resurrect us], and we shall live [eternally] in his sight.
a. (2 Pet 3:8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(Luke 10:36,37) Which now of these three [the priest, the Levite, the Samaritan], thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy [syn: compassion, pity, forgiveness, kindness, sympathy, understanding, benevolence] on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
(Luke 10:38-42) Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered [Gk: distracted] [syn: laden, weighted down, burdened] about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful [Gk: to be anxious about] and troubled [Gk: to make turbid, disturbed]  about many things: But one thing is needful [(versus optional)]: and Mary hath chosen that good part [of service to the Lord (to learn of Him)], which shall not be taken away from her.
1. turbid = Dict: 1. muddy or cloudy from having the sediment stirred up. 2. thick, dense, or dark, as clouds or smoke. 3. confused; perplexed; muddled.