THE PRESENT REALITY OF THE PARABLE OF THE TARES
01-29-17 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(1 Cor 12:10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
THE PARABLE, PROPHECY (THE TONGUE OF THE LORD)
(Mat 13:24-26) Another parable put he forth unto them [the multitudes], saying, The kingdom of heaven [on earth] is likened unto a man [intended applications: 1. Jesus, 2. us] which sowed good seed [“the children of the kingdom” v.38] in his field [“The field is the world” v.38]: But while men slept [sleeping, paid no attention, were not attentive to the field], his enemy [“the devil” v.39] came and sowed tares [Gk: darnel or false grain] [poisonous weeds] [“the children of the wicked one” v.38] among the wheat [i.e., saved, born-again, us], and went his way. But when the blade [Gk: herbage: grass, hay] was sprung up, and brought forth fruit [What kind of fruit does God desire? Answer: salvations. Are we bringing forth salvations now? Yes!], then appeared [to our sight/understanding, exposure; then were revealed] the tares also.
1. parable = Gk: a fictitious narrative (of common life conveying a moral): comparison.
2. (Luke 8:11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
3. Commentary: “the tares also” = are being bound, tied together in groupings by in-common thought patterns. Large groupings, most notably abortionists, feminists, and homosexuals have been apparent for some years. Recently however, many smaller differently goaled tare groupings are now suddenly and rapidly appearing (popping up) whose basic common core foundation, as with all tare groupings, is defiant alienation to Jesus Christ, thereby indicating the closeness of “the harvest.”
(Mat 13:27-30) So the servants [believers, us] of the householder [Jesus Christ] came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence [where] then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up [Gk: uproot: pluck up by the root] also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest [“the harvest is the end of the world (Gk: aion; this world)” v.39] [versus Gk: kosmos (universe)]: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers [“the reapers are the angels” v.39], Gather [Gk: collect] ye together first the tares, and bind [Gk: be in bonds, tie] them in bundles [Dict: a group bound together: e.g., a bundle of hay] to burn them [an anticipatory phrase] [Gk: to burn down (to the ground), to consume wholly: burn (up, utterly)]: but gather [Gk: assemble] the wheat into my barn [what happened to the wheat herein? they were “saved” – that is what a barn is for, to “save,” the purpose of a barn is to save.].
1. Commentary: “my barn” is a New Testament type and shadow fulfillment of the tabernacle of God extra-biblically called the tabernacle of Moses, but biblically referred to as “the tabernacle of God” (Rev 21:3). “my barn” is the cumulative type and shadow product that commenced with the mention of the fruit trees of garden of Eden. Trees clearly symbolize men in the Bible (e.g., Psa 1:3) which brings up an interesting question about the trees in the garden of Eden. Whom do those trees in the garden of Eden yielding fruit (salvation) represent, angels, men, or others? The assembled 48 priest-boards of the tabernacle, as well as the protectively encompassing assembled “ship” that Jesus “constrained” (strongly urged) (Mat 14:22) his disciples to get into are both types and shadows of “my [assembled] barn.”
A MAN TOOK
(Mat 13:31,32) Another parable put he forth unto them [the multitudes], saying, The kingdom of heaven [on earth] is like to a grain of mustard seed [a very small tiny seed], which a man took, and sowed [planted] in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds [humility, Jesus Christ]: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air [unclean spirits, devils, demons, fallen angels] come and lodge [Gk: to camp down, haunt, remain: rest] in the branches [i.e., in the false doctrines] thereof.
1. herb = Dict: a flowery plant whose stem above ground does not become woody and persistent.
2. tree = Dict: having a permanent [persistent], woody, self-supporting main stem or trunk, ordinarily growing to a considerable height, and usually developing branches at some distance from the ground.
A WOMAN TOOK
(Mat 13:33-35) Another parable spake he unto them [the multitudes]; The kingdom of heaven [on earth] is like unto leaven [yeast, puffs up; false doctrine that appears to be something that it is not], which a woman took, and hid [Gk: concealed] in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened [with false doctrine].
1. (Mat 16:11-12) How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees [and “the leaven of Herod” Mark 8:15].
2. Commentary: “meal” = is composed of ground up (digestible) seeds with water added. “The seed is the word of God.” (Luke 8:11). The water is the Holy Spirit. The seeds are ground up through prayer, study, discourse, and meditation with the Holy Spirit. The “three measures of meal” are God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
(Mat 13:34,35) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables [the tongue of God]; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things [revelations] which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
THE INTERPRETATION OF THE TONGUE OF THE LORD
(Mat 13:36-43) Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare [Gk: expound] unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend [godliness, holiness], and them which do iniquity [Gk: illegality, violation of the law, wickedness]; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth [Gk: be resplendent] as the sun [Gk: rays; the sun; light] in the kingdom of their Father [their creator]. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
1. resplendent = Dict: shining brilliantly; splendid.