I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS… FOR A PURPOSE! (part 1)
02-03-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks. We who are saved, redeemed, imputed for righteousness, born-again, are spiritually ascending and descending Jacob’s ladder. (Gen 28:12; John 1:51). God is Love. God is Thought. Thoughts are Life. God’s angels are His manifested Thoughts (His Words). God is a Spirit. Angels are His manifested Spirit. God is the eternal Spirit from which all things that are the entire manifested universe was/is being created. All S(s)pirits are God’s thoughts. You are a transitional part of God’s Spirit (Eccl 12:7); you will become either an eternal Heavenly Spirit, or an eternal fallen spirit.
THE LORD GOD CREATED EVIL
(Gen 1:1-3) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth [out of His Thoughts]. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1. create = Heb: (absolutely) to create.
a. create = Dict: 1. to cause to come into existence; bring into being, make; originate; esp., to make or design (something requiring art, skill, invention, etc.). 2. to bring about; give rise to; cause.
2. darkness = Heb: the dark; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness.
3. light = Heb: illumination (in every sense); happiness: bright, day, morning, sun.
(Isa 45:7) I form the light [out of something already existing (i.e., darkness)], and create darkness [out of My Thoughts]: I make peace [out of something already existing], and create evil [out of My Thoughts]: I the LORD [Heb: Jehovah] do all these things [FOR A PURPOSE].
1. form = Heb: (through the squeezing into shape); to mould into a form; especially as a potter: fashion, make.
2. (Isa 54:16) Behold, I have created the [black]smith [i.e., Satan = Heb: an opponent: adversary] that bloweth the coals [the wooden coals (trees) of men] in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument [“a weapon” Amplif. Bible & NIV] [i.e., the weapon of adversity] for his work; and I have created the waster [a double reference to Satan] to destroy.
a. adversity = Dict: 1. a state of wretchedness or misfortune; poverty and trouble. 2. an instance of misfortune; calamity.
(Exo 1:11-13) Therefore they
[the Egyptians] did set over them [the children of
i. afflict = Dict: 1. to cause pain or suffering to; distress very much. 2. to overthrow.
ii. (1 John 5:4,5) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh [Gk: subdues, conquers, prevails, gets the victory] the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
KNOWING GOOD AND EVIL
(Gen 3:4,5) And the serpent [Heb: a snake (from its hiss)] said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods [Heb: angels], knowing good and evil.
1. Commentary: Why did God form closed eyes in man? Adam and the woman seemed perfectly adapted to the exclusively spiritual aspects of God and the Garden of Eden (a type and shadow of Heaven) before their sin and their consequent fall from the Garden/Heaven. Answer: because God has a purpose in what he does. God knew they were going to sin before they sinned, He planned it so and He provided for it, in advance. That was the beginning of His purpose in us; ultimately, a “very good” purpose. What? You don’t really think that God was surprised… do you?
(Gen 3:22-24) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us [i.e., the triune Godhead] , to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever : Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out [Heb: expelled, thrust out] the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims , and a flaming sword [the double-edged sword of the logos/rhema Bible (Eph 6:17; Heb 4:12)] which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life [i.e., Jesus Christ].
1. Commentary: “as one of us” = “as” means “like” or “similar to” but it does not mean “same.” As one of us like a god (small g), but not a complete flawless God (holy G) because the man lacked something.
2. Commentary: “and live for ever” = to live in the eternally fixed state of knowing or being acquainted with good and evil – as a single unit (one fruit), but totally unable to ever comprehend any moral difference between good and evil, and thus living an evil impure defiled life with “occasional” good deeds. However, even “much good” is still an impure defiled life and results in eternal separation from God… unless one becomes born-again and is thereby forgiven for their inevitable sins.
3. Commentary: “Cherubims” = angelic service-beings with large wings (some perhaps a 20 foot span) and the hands of a man. Each of the cherubims had four faces, the face of a cherub, a man, a lion, and an eagle (Ezek 10:4). God rode upon the wings of a “cherub” (30x) twice (2 Sam 22:11; Psa 18:10), and dwelled between the “cherubims” (65x) often.
(Dan 12:4) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
(Rev 22:10) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.