A WEDDING IS BEING CONVENED, ARE YOU COMING?
04-15-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
(The brightness of our revelations depend upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(God is “Thought,” think about that)
(Mat 22:1-3) And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king [God], which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants [Old Testament believers] to call them that were bidden [the Israelites] to the wedding: and they would not come.
Again, he sent forth other servants [New
saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner:
and my fatlings are
killed, and all things are ready: come unto
But they made light of it [did
not regard the call],
and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And
remnant [Gk: remainder] took [Gk: seized] his servants,
and entreated them
spitefully [Gk: exercised
violence, abuse], and slew them [Gk: killed, fig. destroyed: put to death]. But
when the king heard thereof, he
was wroth [Gk: provoked or
enraged, exasperated: angry]: and he
sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and
their city [i.e., the destruction
(Mat 22:8-10) Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways [the Gentiles], and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out [as New Testament missionaries] into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good : and the wedding was furnished with guests.
1. (Mat 13:47-49) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good [Gk: beautiful, valuable or virtuous] into vessels [Gk: receptacles], [ETERNAL SEPARATION] but cast the bad [Gk: rotten, worthless: corrupt] away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever [Gk: divide, separate] the wicked from among the just [a,b], And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
a. (Rom 8:18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed [Gk: to take off the cover, disclosed] in us [2 Thes 1:7,10,12].
b. (1 Cor 6:2,3) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(Mat 22:11-14) And when the king [Father God] came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment [1,2]: And he saith unto him, Friend [3,4], how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless [Gk: muzzled] [i.e., muzzled with ignorance and/or defiance, not understanding the language of God (the Tongue of the Lord, the Bible)]. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot [i.e., bind his work and walk], and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called [Gk: invited], but few are chosen [Gk: selected].
1. (Isa 61:10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
2. (Rev 19:6-9) And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white [Gk: radiant]: for the fine linen is the righteousness [godly thoughts and deeds] of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [Gk: happy, happier] are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
3. friend = Gk: hetairos; (a clansman); a comrade: fellow. [Mat 22:12]
4. friend = Gk: philos; dear, a friend, actively fond, friendly, an associate, neighbor. [John 15:15]
a. Commentary: the Greek meaning of the address of “Friend” (Mat 22:12) that Father God used when speaking to “a man which had not on a wedding garment” was quite different from the meaning of “friends” or friend (John 15:15) that Jesus spoke of His disciples.