LIFE ETERNAL… IS IN THE BLOOD
05-12-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
CAIN AND ABLE
(Gen 4:1) And Adam knew [i.e., shared a sexual union with] Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain [Heb: a lance: spear], and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. (Gen 4:2) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep [a shepherd], but Cain was a tiller of the ground [a farmer].
(Gen 4:3) And in process of time [i.e., several years later] it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering [Heb: minchah; a donation: a sacrifice] unto the LORD. (Gen 4:4) And Abel, he also brought [an offering, but not so declared as Cain’s “an offering,” thereby suggesting the thought of “difference”] of the firstlings [indicating the best] of his flock and of the fat thereof [which may only be derived by slaying the animal]. And the LORD had respect [Heb: to gaze at: regard] [esteem] unto Abel and to his offering [Heb: minchah; a donation: a sacrifice] : (Gen 4:5) But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect [disregard, disesteem] . And Cain was very wroth [fig. to blaze up, be angry] [indignant], and his countenance [facial appearance and deportment] fell [perhaps an allusion to “the fall”].
1. (Heb 11:4) By faith [Gk: moral conviction: belief] Abel offered [Gk: presented unto] unto God a more excellent sacrifice [i.e., like, but not the same] than Cain, by which he obtained witness [Gk: testified, gave evidence] that he was righteous [Gk: innocent, holy] [i.e., saved], God testifying [acknowledging] of his [Able’s] gifts [Gk: presents, specifically sacrifices] [“the firstlings of his flock”]: and by it he being dead yet speaketh [in the Book].
2. (Mark 12:41-44) And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites [the smallest Greek copper coin, about one fifth of one cent], which make a farthing [the smallest Roman brass coin, about two fifths of one cent]. And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance [i.e., a donation]; but she of her want [Gk: lack, suffer need] did cast in all that she had, even all her living [Gk: (her) life] [i.e., a sacrifice].
(Gen 4:6) And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen [perhaps a second allusion in harmony with “the fall”]? (Gen 4:7) [In this single verse (Gen 4:7), the LORD is attempting to convert Cain, and shows the consequences of non-conversion.] If thou doest well [Heb: make right] [do the right thing, correct your error (your thoughts), repent, think differently], shalt thou [(personified in your correct gift)] not be accepted? and if thou doest not well [Heb: not right] [do not correct your error (your thoughts), do not repent, do not think differently], sin [Heb: an offence] [an error]  lieth [Heb: crouches (on all four legs folded)] at the door [waiting for you “as a roaring lion… seeking whom he may devour” 1 Pet 5:8]. And unto thee shall be his desire [Heb: his stretching out after; a longing for], and thou shalt rule [Heb: have dominion] [spoken in derision, sarcasm, irony, mockery, disdain] over him [i.e., delusionally thinking that you are ruling over (controlling the inner you) your sins, but in reality your inner sins will greedily devour (completely control) you. Example: the wild man of the Gadarenes (Mark 5].
1. (James 5:19,20) Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert [Gk: return, turn about, turn again] him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
FOR THE LIFE OF THE FLESH IS IN THE BLOOD
(Gen 9:3,4) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat [Heb: food] for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
(Lev 17:10-12) And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn [Heb: as a guest] among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my [God’s] face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement [Heb: cleansing, forgiveness, pardon, reconciliation] for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger [visitor] that sojourneth among you eat blood.
(John 6:53,54) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily [truth], verily [truth], I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you [if the blood is life, whose blood (life) is Jesus suggesting that we eat?]. Whoso eateth my flesh [the logos Word – “seed” Luke 8:11], and drinketh my blood [the rhema Word - revelations], hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
1. (John 1:14) And the Word [Gk: logos] [the Word of God, the logos, the Bible] was made flesh [in Jesus Christ], and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
2. Commentary: re-read Genesis 4:3-5.
(Mat 26:26-29) And as they were eating [the Last Supper], Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body . And he took the cup [of wine], and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed [Gk: poured forth] for many for the remission [Gk: pardon: forgiveness] of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
1. (1 Cor 11:23,24) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.