A MARRIAGE PROPHECY (TWO COMING TOGETHER UNTO ONE)
06-16-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
(John 2:1,2) And the third day  there was a marriage [TWO COMING TOETHER UNTO ONE] in Cana [Heb: reediness] of Galilee [Heb: the heathen circle]; and the mother [Mary] of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage [a coming together].
1. (Hos 6:1-3) Come, and let us [fallen angels] return unto the LORD [Heb: Jehovah] [God]: for he hath torn [us from Himself], and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days [two thousand years (2 Pet 3:8)] will he revive us [Heb: (be) quickened, restored]: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live [Heb: (be) quickened, restored] in his sight [presence]. Then shall we know [Heb: understand], if we follow on [Heb: run after] to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared [Heb: ordained] as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [rain: a type and shadow of New Testament understanding] and former rain [Heb: the first rain] [a type and shadow of Old Testament understanding] [TWO COMING TOGETHER] unto the earth. [Joel 2:23]
2. Commentary: Please note that rain is water, and water symbolizes the word of God.
3. (Eph 5:26) That he might sanctify [Gk: make holy] and cleanse it [the church (the chosen people)] with the washing of water by the word [Gk: rhema (revelations)] [the word of God through the Holy Spirit],
(John 2:3-5) [The marriage attendees already had the Old Testament] And when they wanted [Gk: fell short: lacked, suffered need] wine [Heb: effervesce; wine (as fermented): by implic. intoxication] [wine is a symbol of the Holy Spirit] , the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine [no intoxicating joy (“these are not drunken” Acts 2:15, but they have the Holy Spirit )]. Jesus saith unto her, Woman [a designation herein used to allude to all mankind], what have I to do with thee [now, in regard to this need]? mine hour [of His death (John 12:23; 17:1)] is not yet come.  His mother saith unto the servants [i.e., us], Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it [the last words of Mary, in the Bible].
1. effervescent = Dict: 1. giving off gas bubbles, bubbling up; foaming. 2. lively and high-spirited; vivacious.
2. (John 16:7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient [Gk: be good, be profitable] for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter [Gk: intercessor: advocate] [the Holy Spirit] will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
(John 2:6-8) And there were set there six [a symbolic number of man] waterpots [hollowed out] of stone [alluding to stony-hearted people], after the manner of [i.e., used for] the purifying [Gk: a washing off, ceremonial cleansing] [making holy] of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece . Jesus saith unto them [the servants], Fill the waterpots with water [i.e., fill the people with the word of God] . And they filled them up to the brim [“Drink ye all of it” Matt 26:27, referring to the cup of wine]. And he saith unto them, Draw out now [take action, do something, read and speak] , and bear [Gk: carry] unto the [unsaved] governor [Gk: ruler] of the feast. And they bare it [Dict: to open to view, uncover] [as we bare (expound, evangelize, explain, teach, preach) the Bible to others].
1. Commentary: “six waterpots of stone… containing two or three firkins apiece” = symbolizes men and women. One firkin weighs 60 pounds, so two firkins weighs 120 pounds which is about the weight of an average woman, and three firkins weighs 180 pounds which is about the weight of an average man.
2. (Eph 5:26) That he might sanctify [Gk: make holy] and cleanse it [the church (the chosen people)] with the washing of water by the word [Gk: rhema (revelations)] [the word of God through the Holy Spirit],
3. (James 1:22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving [Gk: deluding] your own selves.
(John 2:9-11) When the [unsaved] ruler of the feast had tasted the water [logos - knowledge] that was made wine [rhema - revelations], and knew not [from] whence it was: (but the [saved] servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom [now Jesus Christ in type], And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk [Gk: become drunken], then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine [the New Testament] until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana [Heb: reediness] of Galilee [Gk: the heathen circle], and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples [Gk: learners, pupils] believed on him.