THERE WAS LIGHT, AND THE DARKNESS COMPREHENDED IT NOT
06-26-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video and notes are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(John 1:1-5) In the beginning was the Word [Gk: logos], and the Word [Gk: logos] was with God, and the Word [Gk: logos] was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him [all things including angels]; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light [Gk: illumination] of men. And the light shineth [Gk: lighten, show: be seen] in darkness; and the darkness comprehended [Gk: to take eagerly, seized: perceived] it not.
1. angel = Heb: to dispatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically of God, an angel (also a prophet, priest, or teacher): ambassador, angel, king, messenger.
2. angel = Gk: to bring tidings; a messenger; especially an angel, by implication a pastor: messenger.
3. Commentary: The Christ generation (Mat 1:17) is being trained up to be “messengers” of God’s word. Isn’t that what a good angel does?
Adam also and to his wife did the
LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. And the LORD God said,
the man is become as one of us
to know good and evil: and now, lest he
put forth his
hand, and take also of the tree of
life [i.e., Christ], and eat, and live for ever: Therefore
the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground
whence he was taken [with
Adam’s spiritual eyes closed]. So he
drove out the man; and he
placed at the east of the
5. (Heb 5:12-14) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles [Gk: utterances] of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat [Gk: solid, stable]. For every one that useth milk is unskilful [Gk: inexperienced, ignorant] in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses [Gk: organs of perception] exercised to discern [Gk: to separate thoroughly] both good and evil.
6. (Mat 13:18,19) Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
7. (Mat 13:23) But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
they [all the men of the city of
9. (John 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
(Mat 13:24-25) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven [within which we now dwell] is likened unto a man which sowed good seed [“the children of the kingdom” v.38] in his field [“the field is the world” v.38]: But while men slept [i.e., rendered no attention to the crop], his enemy [“the devil” v.39] came and sowed tares [“the children of the wicked one” v.38] among the wheat [the children of the kingdom], and went his way.
1. parable = Gk: a similitude, a symbolically ficticious narrative (of common life conveying a moral) /// to throw alongside, compare.
2. (Luke 8:11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
3. tares = Gk: darnel or false grain.
4. Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dict: “tares” = A poisonous grass resembling wheat. The tares were usually left in the field until harvest time, then separated from the wheat during winnowing.
5. Commentary: Please note that Father God’s pure and perfect seed (good), which is Biblically defined as both “the word of God” (Luke 8:11) and “the children of the kingdom” (Matt 13:38), was/is intentionally sown (mixed) into the defiling dirt (evil) of this world. Why does Father God plant we His children (His pure seed, His pure word) into the evil dirt of this world? We are the “logos,” the human seed pod, and Godliness is the “rhema,” the fruit, the revelation issuing forth from that human seed pod. God wants us to overcome the evil (the sin) and thereby understand both good and evil for we who are saved (born-again) have become “as one of us” (Gen 3:22) with God, and we shall live forever in the light of His glory.