PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE THIRD AND FINAL BAPTISM, THAT OF FIRE
07-03-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video and notes are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Mat 3:1-3) In those days came John the Baptist,
preaching in the wilderness of
1. (Isa 40:3-5) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert [Heb: in the sense of sterility] a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted [Heb: lifted up], and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh [saved and unsaved] shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
a. desert = Dict: 1. an area so deficient in moisture as to support only a sparse, widely spaced vegetation or none at all. 2. an area in which few forms of life can exist because of lack of water. 3. pertaining to, or like a desert; desolate; barren.
b. (Rom 8:18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us [2 Thes 1:7,10,12].
2. (Mat 7:13,14) Enter ye in at the strait gate [Gk: narrow (from obstacles standing close about)]: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
3:4-6) And the same John [the
Baptist] had his raiment [Gk: clothing] of camel's hair [a robe of
rough coarse hair], and a leathern [Gk: made of hide: made of skin] girdle about his loins; and his meat [Gk: food] was locusts [a type of
hungry grasshopper] and wild honey.
Then went out to him
(Mat 3:7-9) But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers [Gk: an adder or other poisonous snake], who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet [Gk: deserving: worthy] for repentance [Gk: to think differently, reconsider]: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
1. Commentary: Pharisees = a legalistic Jewish religious group that adhered to the entire Old.Testament plus their and other human interpretations of the O.T. They appeared as outward believers in form but with no inward godliness of heart.
2. Commentary: Sadducees = theological liberals and anti-supernaturalists who rejected the doctrines of the resurrection, angels, miracles, immortality, and the judgment to come. Their lives were morally lax and worldly.
(Mat 3:10-12) And now also the axe [wielded by the carpenter Jesus Christ] is laid unto the root of the trees [men and women are symbolized as trees throughout the Bible: e.g., Psalm 1]: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance [Gk: to think differently: reconsider]: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he [Jesus Christ] shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan [Gk: a winnowing fork] is in his hand, and he will throughly purge [Gk: to clease perfectly] his floor, and gather [Gk: assemble] his wheat into the garner [Gk: barn] [i.e., the “Rapture” 1 Thes 4:13-18]; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable [Gk: not extinguished, perpetual] fire [Judgment, via the Word of God].
1. Commentary: John the Baptist baptized with water unto “repentance” (natural). Jesus Christ baptized with the Holy Ghost unto “salvation” (supernatural). Christ Jesus shall baptize with fire unto “judgment” (supernatural) as the conclusion of the Great Tribulation and His Second Coming.
2. (Jer 23:29) Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
3. (Rev 14:6) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting [Gk: perpetual, eternal] [i.e., unquenchable] gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Then cometh Jesus from Galilee [Gk: the heathen circle] to
1. Commentary: “I have need to be baptized of thee” = So what effect did John’s baptism have upon John himself?
2. (John 1:32) And John [the Baptist] bare record [Gk: testified, bare witness], saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode [Gk: dwelled, remained, continued] upon him.