KING SOLOMON’S DREAM: “I AM BUT A LITTLE CHILD”
07-07-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
(Gen 5:24) And Enoch [Heb: initiated] walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
(Pro 22:6) Train up [initiate] a child in the way he should go [in the Bible]: and when he is old, he will not depart [Heb: to turn off: put (away, down), rebel, revolt, be sour, withdraw] from it.
1. Train up = to narrow; fig. to initiate or discipline: dedicate.
2. child = Heb: boy/girl from the age of infancy to adolescence. [When patterns of behavior are initiated]
(Heb 11:5) By faith [Gk: belief] Enoch was translated [Gk: transferred, lit. transported] [i.e., raptured] that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased [Gk: to gratify entirely] God.
KING SOLOMON’S DREAM
(1 Kings 3:5-9) In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son [(Solomon himself)] to sit on his throne, as it is this day. And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant [(me)] king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child [“I AM BUT A LITTLE CHILD”]: I know not how to go out or come in [1,2]. And thy servant [(Solomon)] is in the midst of thy people [like a shepherd at peace] which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. (1 Kings 3:9) Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people , that I may discern between good and bad [Heb: evil] : for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
1. (John 10:9) I am the door: by me [through me] if any man enter in [to Heaven], he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture [for the sheep, Gideon’s 9,700 soldier-warriors; a happy place of peace and rest and nourishment and comfort (Heaven – family love)].
2. (Rev 3:12) Him that overcometh [Gk: to subdue: conquer, prevail, get the victory] [over his old natural man self] will I make a pillar [Gk: support post] in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out [shepherds; Gideon’s 300 soldier-warriors exemplified by the 48 priest-boards of the Tabernacle]: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
3. (1 Cor 6:2,3) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world [Gk: kosmos; “cosmos,” (universe)]? and if the world [universe] shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more [the little] things that pertain to this life?
4. (Heb 5:12-14) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles [Gk: utterances] of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that [still] useth milk is unskilful [Gk: inexperienced, ignorant] in the word of righteousness [i.e., the Bible]: for he is a babe [Gk: fig. an immature Christian] [i.e., “among thorns…no fruit” Mark 4:7]. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age [Gk: complete], even those who by reason of use [Gk: habit, practice] have their senses [Gk: organs of perception] exercised [Gk: practiced, trained] to discern [Gk: to separate thoroughly: to judge] both good and evil [unlike Adam and Eve who were unable to discern the difference between good and evil].
(1 Kings 3:10-14) And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself [1x] long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself [2x], nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself [3x] understanding to discern judgment; Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
(Matt 18:1-5) At the same time came the disciples [Gk: learners, pupils] [students] unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted [Gk: turn (again, back again, self, self about)], and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself [from his mature adult status to be] as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive [Gk: accept] one such little child in my name receiveth [Gk: accepts] me.
(Mark 10:13-16) And they brought young children to him [Jesus], that he should touch them [Gk: to attach oneself to]: and his disciples rebuked [Gk: admonished: forbid] those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer [Gk: send] the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein [he “shall in no wise enter therein” Luke 18:17]. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them [i.e., became attached to them], and blessed them.