I AM AND YOU ARE EACH A WELL OF THE LIVING WATER OF LIFE
07-21-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
(John 1:14) And the Word [Gk: logos; of God] was made flesh [in Jesus], and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
THE HOLY SPIRIT (rhema)
(Eph 5:26) That he might sanctify [Gk: purify] and cleanse it [the Church] with the washing of water [a symbol of the Holy Spirit] by the word [Gk: rhema (revelations)],
1. washing = Gk: a bath, fig. baptism /// to bathe (the whole person) [i.e., total immersion]
THE HOLY SPIRIT (rhema) WAS INSIDE THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST (logos)
(John 16:7) Nevertheless I [Jesus Christ] tell you the truth; It is expedient [Gk: good, profitable] for you that I go away [Gk: pass away]: for if I go not away, the Comforter [the Holy Spirit] will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [John 7:39; 14:26]
WHILE THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS INSIDE JESUS CHRIST HE MINISTERED…
(John 4:1-5) When therefore the Lord [Jesus] knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples [baptized],)  He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria [an abhorred land of mixed heritage seeded with gentiles (impure Jewish genealogy), and impure thoughts]. Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar [Heb: an intoxicant, intensely alcoholic liquor: drunkards] [unbelievers], near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
1. (Matt 3:11) I [John the Baptist] indeed baptize you [Gk: to make you (over)whelmed, fully wet] with water unto repentance [Gk: to think differently, reconsider]: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he [Jesus Christ] shall baptize you [Gk: to make you (over)whelmed, fully wet] with the Holy Ghost [justification: salvation], and with fire [glorification]:
(John 4:6-10) Now Jacob's well [Heb: heel-catcher, supplanter (trickster)] was there . Jesus therefore, being wearied [Gk: to feel fatigue]  with his [missionary] journey, sat thus on the well [as if a throne, supreme in authority]: and it was about the sixth hour [noon]. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water [i.e., natural water]: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat [Gk: food].) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings [Gk: to hold intercourse in common] with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest [Gk: were aware of, considered] [(perhaps this was the beginning of her repentance)] the gift of God [eternal salvation], and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink [i.e., give me a sacrifice]; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water [i.e., the Holy Spirit, Spiritual water].
1. Commentary: What if it had been “Israel’s well” (Heb: he will rule as God, prince with God)? Would this have changed the story? Interestingly, Israel never dug a well, but he became a well of living water. Jacob repented. Jacob began to think differently, to reconsider his thoughts. Metaphorically, Jacob dug an inner mental well downwards into and through layer upon layer of his worldly dry defiling (earthly, soil, dirt) thoughts accumulated from childhood, and Jacob discovered or uncovered water [“the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field” Matt 13:44], becoming Israel and a well of living water gushing forth. But the big question is, was the water always there since the inception of the “well” (container) of the earth (Gen 1:1,2), indicating fallen angel spirits beings covered (buried) deep down under defiling dirt as, in type, our fleshly bodies are still buried, or was the water lately placed…, or are we extending beyond the metaphor? (Much thought yet on that “new” latter thought 10 minutes old).
a. (Gen 1:1,2) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
2. (Heb 4:15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities [Gk: feebleness (of body or mind): diseases, sicknesses]; but was in all points [every way] tempted [Gk: tested] like as we are, yet without sin.
3. Commentary: Jacob or Israel?? THE BIBLE (Jesus Christ: John 1:14) IS A WELL OF WATER. For many, the Bible is Jacob’s well and they drink the natural waters of the logos word. For a few, the Bible is the well of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ (and Israel’s well) and they drink the living waters of the rhema word.
THE LIVING WATER
(John 4:11-15) The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing [(no pail, pot, or bag)] to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence [where] then hast thou that living water? [Answer: Jesus Christ Himself, filled with the Holy Spirit, is the well of living water]. Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? (John 4:13,14) Jesus answered and said unto her [(and the living water gushed forth out of Jesus:)], >******* Whosoever drinketh of this water [of Jacob’s well] shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him [from Jesus Christ’s well of living water, i.e., the Word of God] shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of [living] water springing up [Gk: gushing up] into everlasting life. ********< (John 4:15) The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
COME UNTO ME, AND DRINK
(John 7:37-39) In the last day, that great day of the feast [of Tabernacles], Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst [i.e., desires the water of life], let him come unto me, and drink [from the well of living water, for the Holy Spirit was still in Him]. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said [John 4:13,14], [he shall be a well and] out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water [i.e., he shall be as Jesus Christ was then]. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost [“rivers of living waters… the Spirit”] was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
(Rev 21:6,7) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst [i.e., desires the water of life] of the fountain [Gk: (through the idea of gushing plumply): well] of the water of life freely. He that overcometh [the sin in himself] shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
(Rev 22:16,17) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst [i.e., desires the water of life] come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
(Prov 18:4) The words [the thought carriers] of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring [Heb: something dug, a source of water] of wisdom [i.e., wise thoughts] as a flowing brook.