THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD TRANSCENDS SPACE AND TIME
07-29-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depend upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks
(God is Thought, God is Love, God is a Spirit – Eccl 12:7)
WHAT IS THE WORD?
(Luke 8:11) Now the parable [of the sower] is this: The seed is the word [Gk: logos] of God.
(Heb 4:12) For the word [Gk: logos] [the seed] of God is quick [Gk: alive], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder [Gk: separation] of soul [the thoughts of the natural man] and spirit [the thoughts of the spiritual man], and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart [Gk: (fig.) the thoughts or feelings (the mind)].
1. (John 1:14) And the Word [Gk: logos] was made flesh [in Jesus Christ], and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
2. discern = Dict: (synonyms): tell the difference, separator, discriminator, differentiator.
LIFE AND HEALTH
(Prov 4:20-22) My son, attend [Heb: prick up the ears, hearken: heed, regard] to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart [Heb: mind]. For they are life unto those that find them, and health [Heb: medicine, a cure: healing] to all their flesh.
1. health = Heb: curative, medicine, a cure; (fig.) deliverance: healing, wholesome.
2. (Prov 12:18) There is that speaketh [foolish, negative, babbling words] like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue [i.e., words] of the wise is health [Heb: medicine, a cure: healing].
3. (Prov 16:24) Pleasant [Heb: agreeable, delight, suitable, splendor or grace: beautiful] words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health [Heb: medicine, a cure: healing] to the bones.
THE WITNESS OF THE DISCIPLE MATTHEW
(Mat 8:5-9) And when Jesus
was entered into
1. Commentary: spiritually, the words we speak are soldiers under our command. Some of our soldiers are anointed and many are not.
When Jesus heard it, he
marveled [Gk: wondered, admired], and said to them that followed,
Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in
(Mat 8:13) And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed [“was restored to health” Amplif.] in the selfsame hour [“at that very moment” Amplif.].
1. Commentary: “was healed” = i.e., was touched (affected) over the SPACE, over the existing distance between where Jesus physically was and the distant home of the centurion and his paralytic servant, a sick servant who is symbolically a type and shadow of us.
2. Commentary: “in the selfsame hour” = the Amplified Bible interprets that phrase to mean “at that very moment,” more specifically indicating a miraculous healing of an illness that normally and naturally would take much more TIME to accomplish.
THE WITNESS OF THE DISCIPLE LUKE
(Luke 7:1-10) Now
when he had ended all his sayings in
the audience of the people, he entered into
1. Commentary: Hypothesis: inside this flesh, we are all spirit beings, angels, the original good children of God, but now we have become fallen angels, disobedient criminals as it were, who have been expelled from Heaven and temporarily imprisoned in earthly bodies (jails) of flesh which nullify and grossly limit through earthly defilement the operational abilities of our innate supernatural powers (this Father God has done, possibly for the safety and protection of the universe). And in that regard, may we note that scientists have concluded that we only actively use about 10% of our brain’s capacity.
Hypothesis: the logos (seed) is the common denominator
of all the languages of the world, for, regardless of differences in
expression, the root words of the
languages are all the same “seeds” created by God; “the seed is the word of God” (Luke
8:11). Before Jesus the man
received the active fullness of the Holy
Spirit in the river
a. (John 12:48) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth [Gk: to get hold of: accept] not my words [Gk: rhema] [(revelations)], hath one that judgeth him: the word [Gk: logos] [(Law)] that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
i. (Lev 24:20) Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.