THY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET
08-05-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depend upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks
(God is Thought, God is Love, God is a Spirit – Eccl 12:7)
MANY UNINSPIRED WORKS ARE DONE IN MY NAME
(Mat 7:21-23) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord [Gk: supreme in authority] , shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name [2,3]? and in thy name have cast out devils [demons, unclean spirits, fallen angels] [i.e., performed salvations]? and in thy name done many wonderful works [Gk: miracles]? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [Gk: unrighteousness].
1. Commentary: “Lord, Lord” = This phrase appears five times in the Bible (Mat 7: 21,22; 25:11; Luke 6:46; 13:25), always referring negatively to unsaved persons or coming from unsaved persons.
2. (Mat 24:4,5) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ [Gk: anointed]; and shall deceive many.
3. (John 15:16) Ye have not chosen [Gk: selected] me, but I have chosen [Gk: selected] you, and ordained [Gk: appointed] you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit [Gal 5:22,23; Eph 5:9 but in summation, salvations] [a], and that your fruit should remain [i.e., eternally]: that whatsoever [that is godly and to your greatest benefit] ye shall ask of the Father in my name [i.e., in the name of Jesus Christ], he may give it you.
a. (Gal 5:22,23) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness [Gk: humility], temperance [Gk: self-control]: against such there is no law.
WISE MEN AND FOOLISH MEN
(Mat 7:24,25) Therefore whosoever heareth [Gk: understands] these sayings of mine [the Bible], and doeth them [through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit], I will liken him unto a wise man [“a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man” Amplif.] , which built his house [Gk: residence, home] upon a rock [“and that Rock was Christ” 1 Cor 10:4]: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded  upon a rock [i.e., Jesus Christ].
1. prudent = Dict: 1. capable of exercising sound judgment in practical matters, esp. as concerns one’s own interests 2. cautious or discreet in conduct; circumspect; not rash 3. managing carefully and with economy.
2. (1 Cor 3:10,11) According to the grace of God which is given unto me [the Apostle Paul], as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For [any] other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(Mat 7:26,27) And every one that heareth [literally, but does not understand] these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man [“a stupid (foolish) man” Amplif.], which built his house [Gk: residence, home] upon the [shifting] sand [by hearing lots of different voices (opinions); belief systems; 109 versions of the Bible in English]: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew [in this context, the rains, floods, and winds are all symbols of the Holy Spirit in judgment], and beat upon [Gk: to strike at, surge against] that house; and it fell: and great [Gk: (+ fear) exceeding] was the fall [Gk: crash, downfall]  of it.
1. (James 1:22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving [Gk: deluding, beguiling] your own selves.
THY WORD IS A LAMP
(Mat 25:1-5) Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins [persons verbally committed to serve only Jesus Christ], which took their lamps [i.e. their Bibles] , and went forth to meet the bridegroom [Jesus Christ]. And five of them were wise [Gk: thoughtful] [“sensible, intelligent and prudent” Amplif.] , and five were foolish [Gk: dull or stupid (as if shut up), heedless, blockheads] [“thoughtless, without forethought” Amplif.]. They that were foolish took their lamps [Bibles], and took no oil [the oil of the Holy Spirit, the oil of revelations] with them: But the wise took oil [revelations] in their vessels [fig. in their bodies (minds)] with their lamps [Bibles]. While the bridegroom tarried [Gk: lingered], they all slumbered and slept.
1. (Psa 119:105) NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light [Heb: illumination (happiness)] unto my path.
2. prudent = Dict: 1. capable of exercising sound judgment in practical matters, esp. as concerns one’s own interests 2. cautious or discreet in conduct; circumspect; not rash 3. managing carefully and with economy.
(Mat 25:6-10) And at midnight [the darkest time of the day (fig. when the worse bad-evil things happen); i.e., the global nuclear war prophesied in Zech 14:12-21 (KJV)] there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed [Gk: put in proper order] [by trimming out or cutting off all the incorrect false doctrines, thereby being “made perfect in love” 1 John 4:18)] their lamps [their biblical belief systems]. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps [our lights] are gone out . But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you [the Holy Spirit regenerates each person individually depending upon their willingness to receive Him]: but go ye rather to them that sell [teachers and preachers], and buy [and exchange your precious valuable life-time] for yourselves [i.e., I have “bought” understanding for myself in exchange for my life-time, but I am not able to “buy” understanding for you with my life-time; you must spend your life-time to buy “for yourselves”]. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they [the wise] that were ready [Gk: (already) prepared] went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
1. (Luke 8:13) They on the rock [“on stony ground” Mark 4:16] are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation [Gk: testing] fall away.
(Mat 25:11,12) Afterward came also the other [foolish unprepared] virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open [the door of Heaven] to us. But he answered and said, Verily [truth] I say unto you, I know you not.
(Luke 8:11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
(Mat 13:19) When any one heareth the word of [God concerning] the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that [word of God] which was sown in his heart [Gk: thoughts or feelings (mind)]. This is he which received seed by the way side.
(Mat 13:23) But he that received seed [the word of God] into the good ground is he that heareth the word [of God], and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.