GOD-SPEAK VERSUS DEVIL-SPEAK
UNDERSTANDING GOD’S WORD
08-06-17 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(John 8:43,44) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(John 8:43,44) Why do ye not understand my speech [Gk: utterances]? even because ye cannot hear [Gk: understand] my word [Gk: logos]. Ye are of your father the devil [thereby calling you, naming you, identifying you, as “little devils”], and the lusts [Gk: a longing (especially for what is forbidden)] of your father [2x] ye will do [like father, like son]. He was a murderer from the beginning [physically “Cain” Gen 4:1], and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him [spiritually “the serpent” Gen 3:1]. When he speaketh a lie [a deluding statement, i.e., delusion], he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father [3x] of it.
1. (Luke 8:11) Now the parable [of the sower] is this: The seed is the word [Gk: logos] of God.
a. (John 1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
b. (John 1:14) And the Word [Gk: logos] [of God] was made flesh [in Jesus (physical) the Christ (spiritual), who is “the seed” of God], and dwelt [Gk: encamped, resided] among us [physical], (and we beheld his glory [spiritual], the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth [i.e., the Bible].
2. Commentary: “ye cannot hear my word” = ye “children of the wicked one [the Devil]”
(Mat 13:38), i.e., little devils (and
what are devils?), ye cannot understand the meaning of “my word” [Gk: logos;
something said (including the thought)] [please note the interesting
logos/rhema placement of Dr. Strong’s parenthetical “thought”]. You perceive
of my (God’s) spoken words only
the outward form. God has given all men
the inherent capability to perceive and therefore receive the image, the outward
form of Jesus Christ as a man [a], but the overwhelming vast majority
of men exercise their inherent option of “free will” and are unwilling to perceive and thereby
receive the inner form of Jesus Christ as “the Word” of God
(John 1:14). The outward form is the
protective harder outer seed-pod or
husk that carries the inner seed [of God’s Holy Spirit] securely hidden
inside (just like we who are highly blessed to carry the Holy seed of God
within our bodies), which is also analogous to “the garden [Heb: as fenced
/// to hedge about; protect: defend] of
Eden” (Gen 2:15), and “the veil
of the temple [that] was rent in
twain from top to the bottom” (Mark 15:38). Why did Father God create the husk
or the seed-pod, or the body, or the fence to guard the garden, or the veil to
a. (1 Tim 2:3,4) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
b. (Mark 4:12) That seeing they [the as yet unwilling to be domesticated or tamed wild men] may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted [saved, imputed for righteousness, born-again], and their sins should be forgiven them.
i. Commentary: “…and not understand” = because if they do break through “the fence” (the “bounds” Exo 19: 12,21-24) set for their protection, and eat also of “the tree of life… and live for ever” (Gen 3:22), they will suffer the horrible eternal consequences of becoming “fixed” in the eternal condition of knowing good and evil but not understanding (not discerning) the difference between good and evil, which is the destiny of natural men, to remain mentally unchanged natural men (even though spirits), eternally, for ever a caterpillar, never a butterfly.
ii. Commentary: Herein Jesus is speaking of undomesticated, untamed, unsaved, wild men contemplating and/or attempting to receive Jesus Christ as their Savior, without first receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord, for He is our Lord and Savior.
iii. (Rom 10:9,10) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord [Gk: kurios; supreme in authority, controller: master] Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart [Gk: mind] man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
iv. Commentary: “thou shalt be saved” = the Lord Jesus will save you, because the Lord Jesus whom you herein accept as your Lord has “earned” the right to also be your Savior by His self-sacrifice for your sins, i.e., He paid your penalty for your sins.
3. Commentary: “ye cannot hear my word” = A written or spoken sentence of God’s word is like a moving train of connected cargo-carrying boxcars (words), each individual boxcar (word) conveys a cargo of thoughts inside itself that is hidden from our natural sight and understanding. A perceptible sentence-train is, both biblically and secularly, a sequential series of connected words or boxcars, each containing the seeds of incubating thoughts, i.e., Dict: hatching (eggs) or developing (thoughts). A biblical boxcar contains the seeds (thoughts) of God who is “the Creator” [5x and only of God] of the universe, whereas a secular boxcar contains the seeds (thoughts) of Satan who is “the god of this world” (2 Cor 4:4). How then are the intended meanings of the cargo (seed thoughts) contained inside these boxcars understood? Answer: by opening the boxcar’s door. In a secular train (sentence), men can see the boxcars (the words) and the thoughts (the cargo) which may be viewed by all through the door of the boxcar (word) that may be opened by men. In a spiritual train (sentence) the understanding is hidden inside the closed boxcar until and only if the door is opened by Jesus Christ. (“I am the door” John 10:7,9).
4. (Mark 4:26,27) And he said, So is the
a. (Heb 4:12) For the word [Gk: logos] of God is quick [Gk: alive], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner [Gk: discriminative /// judge] of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
5. Commentary: However, the most important and vital component of a train is the power source which has a direct thorough and complete influence on all the boxcars and cargo. The locomotive is the power element that puts the train into movement or motion and the component that gives life, i.e., action, to the train, or brings the train to life, so to speak. The locomotive or power source of all word sentences or trains of thought is either God or Satan (Satan through Father God’s Permissive Will). Words have power. Which are you listening to?