YOU WERE CREATED BY GOD TO RULE IN THE UNIVERSE
09-16-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks. God is Thought, God is Love, God is the eternal Spirit from which all things were created. You are a part of His Spirit (Eccl 12:7); you are either an eternal Spirit, or an eternal spirit.
THE FIRST DAY
(Gen 1:1-5) (Gen 1:1) In the beginning God  created the heaven and the earth. (Gen 1:2a) And the earth was without form , and void ; and darkness  was upon the face of the deep  [altogether symbolic of our evil condition]. (Gen 1:2b) And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Gen 1:3) And God said, Let there be light : and there was light. (Gen 1:4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided [Heb: separated] the light [the good Spirit, Jesus Christ] from the darkness [the evil spirit, Satan]. (Gen 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night . And the evening and the morning were the first day.
1. anthropomorphism = Dict: the attributing of human shape or characteristics to a god, animal, or inanimate thing.
2. without form = Heb: to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), desert; fig. a worthless thing: confusion, empty place, vain, vanity, wilderness.
3. void = Heb: (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin: emptiness.
4. darkness = Heb: (literally) darkness; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness.
5. deep = Heb: an abyss (as a surging mass of water): deep (place), depth.
6. light = Heb: illumination (in every sense including lightning, happiness, etc.): bright, clear, morning, sun.
7. night = Heb: properly a twist (away of the light); fig. adversity.
8. Commentary: verses 1 and 2a are a symbolic description of the composite mass of Satan and his fallen angels who are spiritually a unified one, as diminutively exemplified in “Legion” (Mark 5:9,15; Luke 8:30). What follows in verses 2b thru 5 is the archetype (first mention) of our being born-again when the “Light” of Jesus Christ comes forth out of our evil darkness.
a. (John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
b. (1 Peter 2:9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
THE SECOND DAY
(Gen 1:6-8) And God said, Let there be a firmament [i.e., something firm] in the midst of the waters, and let it divide [i.e., be between] the waters [below] from the waters [above]. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. [some confusion in these verses, and God did not say: “it was good’]
THE THIRD DAY
(Gen 1:9-13) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
THE FOURTH DAY
(Gen 1:14-19) And God said, Let there be lights  in the firmament of the heaven to divide [Heb: separate] the day from the night; and let them be for signs , and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights [i.e., Spirits]; the greater light [Spirit] to rule the day [i.e., Jesus Christ], and the lesser light [Spirit] to rule the night [Lucifer]: he made the stars also [Spirits, specifically the Angels]  [i.e., God made us to serve Him]. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
1. lights = Heb: luminous bodies or luminary; fig. brightness, cheerfulness, specifically a chandelier: bright.
2. signs = Heb: signals, as a flag, beacon, omen, evidence: miracles.
3. star = Heb: (in the sense of blazing); a star (as shining), fig. a prince.
a. prince = Dict: 1. orig., any male monarch; esp. a king. 2. a ruler whose rank is below that of king; head of a principality. 3. a non-reigning male member of a royal family.
THE FIFTH DAY
(Gen 1:20-23) And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them [the first blessing], saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
THE SIXTH DAY
(Gen 1:24-28) And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion [Heb: rule] over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them [the second blessing], and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish  the earth, and subdue it : and have dominion [Heb: rule] over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
1. replenish = Dict: 1. to make full or complete again, as by furnishing a new supply. 2. to supply again with fuel or the like.
a. plenish = Dict: to fill up; furnish; stock.
2. subdue = Heb: to tread down, conquer, subjugate: bring into bondage, keep under, subdue.
(Gen 1:29-31) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat [Heb: food]. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat [Heb: food]: and it was so. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.