ARE YOU READY? THE DAY OF THE LORD IS COMING VERY SOON
09-25-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video and notes are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
THE ALARM IS SOUNDING
(Joel 2:1) Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm [a warning to prepare, to be ready: the sixth feast, the Feast of Trumpets, “the sixth seal” (Rev 6:12)] in my holy mountain [i.e., in all Christianity]: let all the inhabitants of the land [pagans (non-believers)] tremble: for the day of [“the judgment of” Amplif.] the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
1. tremble = Heb: quiver (with any violent emotion) especially with anger or fear: be afraid, quake.
2. (Mark 13:8) For nation [country] shall rise against nation [country], and kingdom [belief system, i.e., religious denomination, political party, race, etc.] against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes [Gk: commotions /// to rock, shake] in divers [many] places, and there shall be famines [Gk: scarcity /// be destitute (wanting), lack] and troubles [Gk: disturbances (of water) roiling, or (of a mob)]: these are the beginnings of sorrows [Gk: pangs or throes, especially of childbirth] [this is the last stage of our pregnancy, a stage of escalating pain (great tribulation) climaxing with the second coming of Jesus Christ – from within us].
a. (Rom 8:18) For I reckon that the sufferings [Gk: hardships, pains: afflictions] [tribulations] of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory [(God’s Glory)Jesus Christ] which shall be revealed [Gk: to take off the cover: disclosed] in us. [2 Thess 1:7,10,12]
3. (Heb 12:26-29) Whose voice [God’s voice] then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we [Saints] receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming [Gk: to consume utterly] fire.
a. Commentary: four Bible proofs that we Saints are not going anywhere: Prov 2:21,22; 10:30; Psa 37:29; Heb 12:27. The “rapture” (Dict: ecstatic joy or delight; joyful ecstasy) occurs (is presently occurring – it is our pregnancy) within us, not without; it is the coming to birth, the maturing revelation, “the glory” (Rom 8:18) from within us.
4. (Mat 13:30) Let both grow together [the wheat and the tares] until the harvest [crop yield]: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers [“angels” Mat 13:41], Gather [Gk: collect] ye together first the tares [Gr: darnel or false grain] [i.e., poisonous weeds whose appearance is as the wheat], and bind them in bundles [Gk: bundle /// to tie, shackle: bind] [i.e., bind them together into groups] to burn them [a phrase anticipating the return of Jesus Christ to effect the third baptism of “fire” (Mat 3:11) which ends the Great tribulation and simultaneously commences the Millennium]: but gather [Gk: assemble] the wheat into my barn [men are symbolized as trees throughout the Bible (e.g., Psa 1); the barn is an ordered (assembled) wooden board structure = Noah’s ark; the 48 priest-boards of the tabernacle of Moses; “a ship” (Mat 14:22); the barn of Jesus Christ (all the latter wooden board structures are types and shadows of the Body of Jesus Christ)].
5. Commentary: Please note that within this verse of (Joel 2:1) is portrayed a distinction (a separation) between “my holy mountain” depicting believers, and “the inhabitants of the land” who surround (as a disobedient flock) God’s holy mountain and represent the remainder of the world who are nonbelieving pagans, for we have not been called upon to “tremble” at our Lord’s coming. (Quite the reverse actually). The “alarm” of God is sounding to two sorts of people: believers who are part of “my holy mountain” and spiritually hear the alarm loudly resounding in the Word of God (an oral tradition) and physically see the supporting physical evidence thereby generating faith. At the same time, that same “alarm” of God is sounding to “dull of hearing” (Mat 13:15) nonbelievers, the pagan “inhabitants of the land” who are spiritually deaf and therefore can only see the appalling circumstances of the increasingly rapid escalation of current events as incomprehensible consequences, thereby generating fear. The very next verse (Joel 2:2) continues that dual textual convention and the birthing progression in metaphorical detail. “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” (Rev 2:7)