THE “PATTERN” OF THE COMING DAY OF THE LORD
10-02-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video and notes are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
THE FIRST EVER ARCHETYPICAL PATTERN IN THE BIBLE
(Gen 1:1-4) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [Heb: khosek] was upon the face of the deep [Heb: an abyss (as a surging mass of water)]. And the Spirit of God [the Holy Spirit] moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light [Heb: illumination (fig.) happiness]: and there was light [the archetype and shadow of Jesus Christ]. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided [Heb: separated] the light from the darkness.
1. Commentary: “the face of the deep… the face of the waters” = Dict: anthropomorphism = to ascribe human form or attributes to.
2. without form = Heb: a waste, desolation: (fig.) a worthless thing: confusion, without form, vain, vanity.
3. void = Heb: (meaning to be empty), an undistinguishable ruin: emptiness.
4. darkness = Heb: khoshek; the dark; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness /// to be dark (as withholding light).
5. (John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me [Gk: be in the same way with] shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
THE WARNING ALARM IS SOUNDING
(Joel 2:1) Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; (Joel 2:2) A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
THE PROPHECY OF THE DAY OF THE LORD
ye the trumpet in
1. Commentary: “sound an alarm” = a warning to prepare, to be ready: this is the fifth feast of God, the Feast of Trumpets which correlates with the fifth seal “they cried with a loud voice” (Rev 6:9-11), heralding the coming sixth feast, the Day of Atonement, the sixth seal: (Rev 6:12-17).
(Joel 2:2) [For “the inhabitants of the land” (the unsaved) the Day of the Lord is] A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness [HUMANITY IS THE (IN) DARKNESS], [and for the Saints (the saved) compositing “my holy mountain” the Day of the Lord is] as the morning [Heb: dawn] [out of darkness will come the light, repeating the original pattern of Gen 1:1-4] spread upon the mountains [i.e., Father God’s warm loving embrace about His people]: a great people and a strong [“kings and priests” Rev 1:6; 5:10 & 20:6 who will reign over both physical (unsaved) and spiritual (saved) realms during the 1,000 Millennium]; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it [i.e., after the “first resurrection” Rev 20:6], even to [until] the years of many generations [until the conclusion of the 1,000 year Millennium].
1. darkness = Heb: khoshek; the dark; fig. misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness /// to be dark (as withholding light).
2. gloominess = Heb: duskiness, fig. misfortune; concealment: dark, darkness, X thick.
3. thick darkness = Heb: gloom (as of a lowering sky) /// to droop: drop down.
4. (Psa 107:14) He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
5. (Isa 29:18) And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
6. (2 Cor 4:6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light [Gk: illumination] of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7. (1 Pet 2:9) But ye are a chosen generation [extending from “Christ” (the 42nd generation) through now and until He returns (Mat 1:1-17)], a royal priesthood [the Melchisedec Priesthood (Heb 5:6)], an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light [Gk: to shine or make manifest, especially by rays: fire]:
8. Summation Commentary: The event of “The Day of the Lord” dawns with the return of Jesus Christ drawn out of darkess, that is, with His second coming out of “us” (Rom 8:18; 1 Thess 1:7,10,12) in “consuming fire” (Heb: 12:29) which is “the first resurrection” (Rev 20:4-6) simultaneously ending the Great Tribulation and commencing the 1,000 year Millennium throughout which we shall reign as “kings and priests” (Rev 1:6; 5:10 & 20:6), that is, as “saviours” (Obad 1:21) over billions of unsaved and saved peoples.
AND THE FUTURE OF THE UNSAVED
(Amos 5:18) Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
(Zeph 1:14-18) The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth [Heb: hurrying: speedily, suddenly] greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the [(nuclear)] fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
(Isa 42:18) Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
(John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of [eternal] life.