THOSE WHO HAVE THEN BEEN RESURRECTED (THE DEAD IN CHRIST), AND THE RAPTURED (ALIVE AND REMAIN), TOGETHER SHALL RETURN WITH HIM ON
THE DAY OF THE LORD
10-09-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Joel 2:1) Blow ye the trumpet in
(Joel 2:2) [For “the inhabitants of the land” (the unsaved) the Day of the Lord is] A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness [HUMANITY IS THE (IN) DARKNESS], [and for the Saints (the saved) compositing “my holy mountain” the Day of the Lord is] as the morning [Heb: dawn] [out of darkness will come the light, repeating the original pattern of Gen 1:1-4] spread upon the mountains [i.e., Father God’s warm loving embrace about His people]: a great people and a strong [“kings and priests” Rev 1:6; 5:10 & 20:6 who will reign over both physical (unsaved) and spiritual (saved) realms during the 1,000 Millennium]; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it [i.e., after the “first resurrection” Rev 20:6], even to [until] the years of many generations [until the conclusion of the 1,000 year Millennium].
1. Commentary Digression: The Amplified Bible, in the context of Joel 2:2, is incorrect by identifying the “great people and a strong” as “heathen, hostile,” and also in the context of Joel 3:3 by ascribing to them “the ravages of the devouring hordes.” Rather, the “great people and a strong” are the Army of God (i.e., us) as shall be evidentially borne out in the following verses:
(Joel 2:3-5) A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses [strong connotations of great power]; and as horsemen [Gk: a driver in a chariot], so shall they run. Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people [Joel 2:2] set in battle array.
1. (Mat 3:11) I [John the Baptist] indeed baptize you with water unto repentance [Gk: to think differently, reconsider]: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he [Jesus Christ] shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
a. Commentary: baptism “with the Holy Ghost” = is justification: for salvation; His first coming through Mary (Heb: rebellious). Pictured as the brasen altar.
b. Commentary: baptism “and with fire” = is sanctification: for purification; His second coming through us Christians: (Rom 8:18; 1 Thess 1:7,10,12). Pictured as the brasen laver.
2. (1 Cor 3:11-15) For other foundation [Gk: something put down; a substruction (of a building, etc.)] can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones [correct and therefore eternal doctrines], wood, hay, stubble [incorrect and therefore temporal doctrines]; Every man's work shall be made manifest [Gk: apparent, public]: for the day [of the Lord] shall declare it [Gk: make plain (by words)], because it shall be revealed [Gk: to take the cover off: disclosed] by fire; and the fire shall try [Gk: test] every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide [Gk: remain] which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(Joel 2:6-9) Before their face [the saved strong people of fire] the people [the unsaved people of darkness] shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness [Heb: illuminated, a glow, a flush (of anxiety)]. They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways [i.e., according to their orders], and they shall not break their ranks [divert from their duty]: Neither shall one thrust another [Heb: a brother]; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded. They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
2:10) She [
2. (2 Pet 3:10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(Joel 2:10,11) The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great [for the saved: Joel 2:2] and very terrible [for the unsaved: Joel 2:2]; and who can abide it [Rev 6:17]?
1. (Rev 6:12-17) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal [i.e., the return (the second coming of) Jesus Christ], and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the [unsaved] kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand [Joel 2:11]?