WILD MAN, FALLEN ANGELS, AND JESUS
10-23-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Mark 5:1-10) And they [Jesus and His disciples] came
over unto the other side of the sea [of
Galilee], into the country of the
Gadarenes [east of the
1. tame = Dict: 1. changed from the wild or savage state; domesticated. 2. gentle, fearless, or without shyness, as if domesticated, as an animal. 3. tractable, docile, or submissive, as a person, the disposition.
2. (Phil 1:6) Being confident of this very thing, that he [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it [Gk: finish, make perfect] until the day of Jesus Christ:
3. (Phil 2:13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
4. (Mat 8:28,29) And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two [personalities in one body] possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they [the devils] cried out [from inside the man], saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
a. possessed = Gk: to be exercised by a demon: have a devil.
5. (Luke 8:26-31) And they arrived at the country of the
Gadarenes, which is over against
a. (2 Cor 10:3-6) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal [Gk: fleshly], but mighty through God to the pulling down [Gk: demolition; extinction: destruction] of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
i. strong holds = Gk: fortify, through the idea of holding safely; a castle (fig. argument).
(Mark 5:11-13) Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine [pigs, unclean animals: they have cloven hoofs but do not chew the cud] feeding. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave [Gk: allowed: permitted]. And the unclean spirits [fallen angels, demons, devils, unclean spirits] went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently [Gk: spurred or urged on] [i.e., into suicide: “and the LORD set every man’s sword against his fellow” Judg 7:22] down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
1. (Lev 11:7) And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth [Heb: ruminate] not the cud; he is unclean [Heb: foul: defiled, polluted /// contaminated] to you.
a. ruminate = Dict: 1. to chew the cud. 2. to meditate or muse, ponder. 3. to chew again.
2. (Mark 4:18,19) And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world [thoughts], and the deceitfulness of riches [thoughts], and the lusts of other things [thoughts] entering in, choke [Gk: to strangle completely /// take by the throat] the word, and it becometh unfruitful [Gk: barren: without fruit].
(Mark 5:14-17) And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they [the city and country residents] went out to see what it was that was done. And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind [Gk: to be of sound mind, sane /// self-controlled] [“and when he came to himself” Luke 15:17]: and they were afraid. And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine. And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
1. (2 Tim 1:7) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2. (Luke 8:34-37) When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country. Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed [Gk: saved, delivered or protected: preserved, made whole]. Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again.
(Mark 5:18-20 And when he
was come into the ship, he that had been possessed
with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them
how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
And he departed, and began to publish in
1. (Luke 8:38,39) Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.
(Rev 21:3,4) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.