ARE YOU BLEEDING TO DEATH? THIS WOMAN WAS
11-10-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
God is Thought. The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines,
our building blocks, our Godly thoughts laid one upon another, ascending into the mind of Christ.
(Mat 21:22) And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:14)
(Mark 5:21-24) And when Jesus [the word of God (John 1:14)] was passed over again by ship unto the other side [unto the west side of the Sea of Galilee, the Promised Land, a type and shadow of Heaven], much people gathered unto him: and he was nigh unto the sea [a type and shadow of humanity]. And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue [a Pastor equivalency seeking healing from the word of God], Jairus by name; and when he saw him [Jesus], he fell at his feet, And besought [Gk: implored: prayed] him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live. And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged [Gk: compressed, crowded on all sides] him.
BLOOD IS A TYPE AND SHADOW OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
(Mark 5:25-29) And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood [an issue of death, she was dying] [1,2,3] twelve years [a goodly portion of her appointed time to live on this earth], And had suffered many things of many physicians [Gk: to cure, make whole] [i.e., with wrong, false, fake doctrines (philosophies and denominations)], and had spent all [her money and her patience] that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, [she] came in the press [of people (as sheep)] behind [implying submission], and touched [Gk: to attach oneself to] [i.e., to become one with] his garment [his covering (the logos word)]. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes [i.e., get closer, more intimate than “garment”], I shall be whole [Gk: safe, delivered, protected: healed]. And straightway [Gk: directly, at once or soon: immediately, shortly] the fountain of her blood was dried up [her loss of life (spirit) was no longer draining away into… oblivion]; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague [the plague of dying in unsavedness].
1. (Lev 17:11) For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the [brasen] altar [for the substitutionary blood sacrifice of innocent animals] to make an atonement [a] for [the sins of] your souls [your natural mind]: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the [sins of the] soul [the natural mind].
a. atonement = Heb: cover; to placate or cancel: appease, cleanse disannul, forgive, be merciful, pardon, reconcile.
2. (John 6:53,54) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh [a] of the Son of man, and drink [take in] his blood [please note the woman’s blood was going out], ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh [the Bible], and drinketh my blood [those precious revelations that flow out of the Bible], hath eternal life; and I will raise him [resurrect him] up at the last day.
a. (John 1:14) And the Word [of God] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
3. (Mat 26:26-28) And as they were eating [the Last Supper], Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body [i.e., my flesh, the Word of God]. And he took the cup [of wine, a symbol of the Holy Spirit], and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood [the wine mixed with water, i.e., the Holy Spirit, my (His, our) life eternal] of the new testament, which is shed [connoting willingness] for many for the remission [Gk: freedom; pardon: deliverance, forgiveness] of sins.
(Mark 5:30-34) And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue [Gk: force; miraculous power] [the rhema word]  had gone out of him , turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched [Gk: to attach oneself to] my clothes [giving her an opportunity for a confession]? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman [in reverential awe] fearing and trembling, knowing [Gk: understanding] what was done in her, came [obeyed] and fell down before him, and told him all the truth [i.e., she confessed]. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith [Gk: belief] hath made thee whole [Gk: saved]; go in peace [reconciled to God], and be whole [Gk: healthy, well (in body); fig. true (in doctrine): sound] of thy plague [of unsavedness].
1. virtue = Dict: goodness, power: general moral excellence; right action and thinking; goodness or morality.
2. Commentary: “virtue [power (goodness)] had gone out of him” = The long-suffering miserable woman (her life was a wreck) being heretofore ignorant (not knowing) of Jesus (the word of God) but now having “heard of Jesus” [a] now believed that Jesus was Holy and He had the power to heal. Therefore the woman initiated sincere prayer, begging, petitioning, asking to be healed. Jesus responded. May we note that she initiated and He responded. Rather like a new electric light bulb, she became newly plugged into the power socket of Jesus (she believed) and she requested (seeking) the energy, the power (of Jesus Christ) to be turned on, to lighten (heal) her darkness, and Jesus responded.
a. (Rom 10:17) So then faith [Gk: belief] cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE
(Mark 5:35-43) While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain [a person or persons] which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further [an expression of disbelief]? As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe. And he suffered no man to follow him, save [Gk: except] Peter, and James, and John [His three closest, most intimate believing disciples] the brother of James. And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult [Gk: disturbance, uproar], and them [professional mourners (more disbelievers)] that wept and wailed greatly. And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado [Gk: (a noise); tumult, clamor: uproar], and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth [e.g., Lazarus (John 11:11)]. And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father [Jarius] and the mother [believers, for they sought out Jesus] of the damsel, and them that were with him [believers: Peter, James, and John], and entereth in where the damsel [“little daughter”] was lying. And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years . And they were astonished with a great astonishment. And he charged them straitly [Gk: much] that no man should know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat [for her personal sustenance and public proof of life].
1. Wikipedia Encyclopedia: According to Jewish law, when a Jewish boy is 13 years old, he becomes accountable for his actions and becomes a bar mitzvah. A girl becomes a bat mitzvah at the age of 12 according to Orthodox and Conservative Jews,