SOON, WE SHALL BE GLORIFIED
11-17-19 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
God is Thought. The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines,
our building blocks, our Godly thoughts laid one upon another, ascending into the mind of Christ.
(Luke 9:28,29) And it came to pass about an eight days [eight symbolizes “a new beginning;” e.g., the number of Noah and his family] after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray [fig. for closer contact with God, less the distractions of the world]. And as he prayed [focused on God] , the fashion [Gk: appearance] of his countenance [Gk: visage; the front] [i.e., what you see] was altered [i.e., “was transfigured” Mat 17:2; Mark 9:2] [2,3], and his raiment [Gk: clothing] was white and glistering [Gk: to lighten forth, to be radiant] .
1. (2 Tim 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing [Gk: to make a straight cut, make effort] the word [Gk: logos] of truth.
2. (Mat 17:2) And was transfigured [also Mark 9:2] before them: and his face did shine [Gk: to beam, radiate brilliancy: give light] as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
a. transfigured = Gk: transformed (lit. or fig. metamorphosed): changed, transfigured, transformed.
3. (Rom 12:2) And be not conformed to [Gk: to the same pattern of] this world [Gk: age: (since) the beginning of the world]: but be ye transformed [Gk: transfigured] by the renewing [Gk: renovation] of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
a. renew =Dict: 1. to make new or as if new again; make young, fresh, or strong again; bring back into good condition.
b. (Isa 40:31) But they that wait upon [Heb: patiently] the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
c. renovate = Dict: 1. to make fresh or sound again, as though new; clean up, replace worn or broken parts in, repair. 2. to refresh; revive.
4. radiant = Dict: 1. sending out rays of light, shining brightly. 2. filled with light. 3. showing pleasure, love, well-being, etc.; beaming (a radiant smile).
a. (Exo 34:29) And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables [Heb: tablets] of testimony [the ten commandments] in Moses' hand, when he came down [2x] from the mount, that Moses wist [Heb: understood, knew] not that the skin of his face shone [Heb: to shoot out horns; fig. rays: shined] while he [God] talked with him [Moses].
(Luke 9:30,31) And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elijah [prophetically representing the “dead in Christ” company and the “alive and remain” in Christ company (1 Thes 4:16,17)]: Who appeared in glory [Gk: (as very apparent): dignity, glorious, honour, praise, worship)], and spake of his decease [Gk: exit, death] which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
1. glory = Dict: 1. a) great honor and admiration won by doing something important or valuable; fame; renown. b) anything bringing this. 2. worshipful adoration or praise. 3. the condition of highest achievement, splendor, prosperity, etc. (Greece in her glory). 4. radiant beauty or splendor; magnificence. 5. heaven or the bliss of heaven. 6. a) a halo or its representation in art b) any circle of light.
2. (1 Cor 15:35-44) But some man will say, How are the dead raised up [Gk: awakened]? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that [body] which thou sowest is not quickened [made alive], except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance [be of] of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it [i.e., giveth the spirit (your spirit)] a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial [Gk: above the sky: heavenly] bodies, and bodies terrestrial [Gk: earthly]: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption [earthly]; it is raised in incorruption [heavenly]: It is sown in dishonor [earthly]; it is raised in glory [heavenly]: it is sown in weakness [earthly]; it is raised in power [heavenly]: It is sown a natural body [earthly]; it is raised a spiritual body [heavenly]. There is a natural body [earthly], and there is a spiritual body [heavenly].
(Luke 9:32,33) But Peter and they that were with him were heavy [Gk: burdened, pressed] with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the [glory of the] two men [Moses and Elijah] that stood with him. And it came to pass, as they [Moses and Elijah] departed from him [Jesus], Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles [Gk: tents] [i.e., temporary vs. eternal]; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah: not knowing what he said.
(Luke 9:34-36) While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him .
And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.
1. (Rom 10:17) So then faith [Gk: belief] cometh by hearing [understanding], and hearing [cometh] by the word [Gk: rhema] [i.e., revelations] of God.
(Dan 12:1-3) And at that time [What time?] shall Michael [“the archangel” 1 Thes 4:16’ Jude 1:9] stand up , the great prince which standeth for [who defends and has charge of] the children of thy people : and there shall be a time of trouble [Heb: tightness: adversity, affliction, tribulation], such as never was [i.e., Great Tribulation] since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time [i.e., the rapture, “the first resurrection” Rev 20:5,6] thy people shall be delivered [Heb: escape; rescued: saved], every one that shall be found written in the book [of Life]. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt [Gk: repulsive; an object of aversion: abhorring]. And they that be wise shall shine [Heb: gleam; fig. enlighten: admonish, teach, give warning] as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness [salvation] as the stars for ever and ever.
1. Commentary: “shall Michael stand up” = for action at the event commonly called “the rapture” and we shall be taken out of here to end the Tribulation period, and then the Great Tribulation period shall begin without us.
2. (1 Thes 4:16,17) For the Lord [Jesus Christ] himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise [be resurrected] first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [Gk: seized: plucked up, taken by force] [joined] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.