RISE AND MEASURE, a command – that we are daily (unknowingly) obeying
11-20-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Luke 9:23) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself [Gk: to deny utterly, disown, abstain], and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
And there was given me a
reed [Gk: a stem, (by
implic.) a pen] like unto a rod [Gk: scepter, staff] [strong connotation of power;
perhaps a type of
the cross]: and the angel stood,
1. rise = Gk: (through the idea of collecting ones faculties [syn: sense, power, ability, talent]), to waken, to rouse (from sleep), stand /// to gather.
a. Commentary: examples of biblical “rising” = “dry bones” Ezek 37: 1-14; rapture 1 Thess 4:17; “first resurrection” Rev 20:5,6.
2. measure = Gk: to ascertain in size by a fixed standard, fig. to estimate. [compared to what standard?]
3. (1 Cor 6:2,3) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world [Gk: kosmos; “cosmos”] [(universe)]? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Chron 19:6) And
[Jehoshaphat the king of
5. (John 7:24) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous [holy] judgment.
6. (Zech 13:7-9) Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite [Heb: strike, wound, kill] the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand [of correction] upon the little ones [the sheep]. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts [two thirds (66.6 %)] therein shall be cut off and die; but the third [one third (33.3 %)] shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine [Heb: to fuse (metal): melt, purify, purge away] them as silver is refined, and will try [Heb: test] them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
7. (1 Cor 3:11-15) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation [good unburnable stuff] gold, silver, precious stones, [bad, burnable stuff] wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day [the second coming of Jesus Christ] shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try [Gk: test] every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide [Gk: continues, remains] which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
MY TWO WITNESSES
(Rev 11:3-6) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days [1,260 days = 42 months or 3 ½ years] [second mention], clothed in sackcloth [in mourning for the people]. These are the two olive trees [Zech 4:3], and the two candlesticks [the Old and New Testaments] standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy [Elijah: 1 Kings 17:1; Mal 4:5,6; James 5:17,18]: and have power over waters to turn them to blood [Moses: Exo 7:20,21], and to smite the earth with all plagues [Exo 7-11], as often as they will [i.e., the Great Tribulation].
1. (Jer 23:29) Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
2. (Luke 4:25,26) But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months [3 ½ years], when great famine was throughout all the land; But unto none of them was Elijah sent, save unto Sarepta [Heb: refinement /// to fuse, melt purify, purge away, try], a city of Sidon, unto a woman [the church] that was a widow.
PROPHECY: WE ARE REVEALED (IN JESUS) AS ANGELS OF LIGHT
9:28-32) And it
came to pass about an eight days [biblical symbol of “a new beginning”]
these sayings, he [Jesus Christ]
Peter and John and James, and went
up into a mountain to pray. And as he prayed, the
fashion of his countenance [Gk:
altered, and his raiment [Gk:
clothing] was white and
[Gk: radiant]. And, behold, there talked with him two men,
which were Moses [“the dead in Christ” company: 1 Thess 4:16] and Elijah [the “we
which are alive and remain” company: 1 Thess 4:17]: Who
appeared in glory,
and spake of his
decease [Gk: exit, death] which he
should accomplish at
1. (Mat 17:2) And was transfigured [Gk: transformed, “metamorphose”: changed] before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
2. (Mark 9:3) And his raiment became shining [Gk: gleaming, to flash intensely], exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller [laundry person] on earth can white them.
3. glory = Gk: glory (as very apparent): dignity, honour, praise, worship /// to think.
4. glory = Dict: 1. exalted praise, honor, or distinction, accorded by common consent. 2. adoring praise or thanksgiving. 3. resplendent beauty or magnificence. 4. state of splendor. 5. the splendor and bliss of heaven. 6. a ring, circle, or surrounding radiance of light represented about the head or the whole figure of a sacred person, as Christ, a saint; a halo, nimbus, or aureola.
And when they shall have finished their testimony,
the beast that
ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against
them [the two witnesses], and shall overcome them
[Dan 7:21,25; Rev 11:7; 13:7], and kill
them. And their dead bodies shall
lie in the street of the great city [
And after three days and an half [3
½ days] the Spirit of life
from God entered into them, and they
stood upon their feet; and great fear
fell upon them which saw them.
And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come
And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld
the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the
tenth part of the
1. (Jude 1:21-23) Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion [Gk: pity, mercy], making a difference [Gk: to separate thoroughly]: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment [Gk: clothing] [i.e., the outside covering – even the appearance of sin] spotted by the flesh.
second woe is past; and,
behold, the third woe cometh
quickly. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great
heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his
Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four
elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and
worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which
and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great
hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is
come, and the
time of the dead, that they should be judged [Rev 20:11-15],
thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the
and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy
destroy the earth. And the