THE FIRST ADMONITION IN PREPARATION...
TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:14),
AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT RECEIVING JESUS CHRIST
12-04-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the audio and notes without video are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
Commentary: Immediately after the dramatic conclusion of Matthew chapter 24, which is the prophecy of the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to end this age (dispensation) and commence the 1,000 year Millennium, three holy admonitions (warnings, encouragements), or three spiritual pillars of truth, are presented progressively and metaphorically amplified in Matthew chapter 25: 1. Study the Bible, 2. Serve Me, 3. Serve my People. The first admonition:
(John 1:14) And the Word [of God – the Bible] was made flesh [in the body of Jesus Christ], and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1. (2 Tim 2:15) Study [Gk: use speed, make effort, be earnest: be diligent, labour] to shew thyself approved [Gk: be acceptable /// think] unto God, a workman [Gk: toiler: labourer] that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth [i.e., the Bible].
a. rightly dividing = Gk: make a straight cut, to dissect (expound) correctly /// to cut as if by a single stroke unlike repeated blows or hacking.
STUDY THE BIBLE
(Mat 25:1-4) Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins [persons professing Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, representing the whole church], which took their lamps [their Bibles], and went forth to meet the bridegroom [1,2]. And five of them were wise [Gk: thoughtful, discreet /// to rein in or curb (feelings) the mind], and five were foolish [Gk: dull or stupid, heedless, blockhead, (apparently) absurd] . They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil [the Holy Spirit] with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels [in their bodies] [4,5] with their lamps [with their Bibles] [the wise are saved, the foolish are not saved].
1. (Psa 119:105) NUN. Thy word [i.e., the Bible] is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
2. Commentary: we, as represented by the ten virgins, i.e., the church, are the bride of Christ.
3. (1 Cor 2:14) But the natural man [the unsaved man] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [Gk: understand] them, because they are spiritually discerned [Gk: scrutinized, investigated: examined, judged] [seen, understood].
a. (John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see [Gk: know: be aware, perceive, understand] the kingdom of God.
4. (Hosea 8:8)
9:15) But the Lord said unto him [Ananias], Go thy way: for he [Saul of
(Mat 25:5-10) While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered [Gk: to nod, to fall into sleep] [the wise] and slept [Gk: be asleep] [the foolish] . And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose [Gk: awakened], and trimmed [Gk: kosmeo; put in proper order /// kosmos; “cosmos” (universe)] their lamps [corrected and fine-tuned their doctrines]. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out [i.e., no revelations are forthcoming] . But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell [Gk: to be busy, to trade, barter], and buy [Gk: go to market, purchase, redeem] for yourselves [5,6]. And while they [the five foolish virgins] went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready [Gk: (fitness); adjusted: prepared] [the five wise virgins] went in with him [i.e., were raptured = Dict: ecstatic joy or delight] to the marriage: and the door was shut .
1. Commentary: The most valuable earthly thing that we have to trade is our “time.” Spend it wisely.
2. (Luke 8:13) They on the rock [“on stony ground” Mark 4:5] are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root [the indwelling Jesus Christ] [3,4], which for a while believe, and in time of temptation [Gk: a putting to proof /// testing] fall away [Gk: remove, instigate to revolt, desert /// depart, withdraw self].
3. (Rev 5:5) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
4. (Rev 22:16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
5. (Luke 19:12,13) He said therefore, A certain nobleman [Jesus Christ] went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return [the second coming of Jesus Christ]. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds [his (weighty) goods] [one pound apiece (equally) – the Bible (Gospel)], and said unto them, Occupy [Gk: to busy oneself, trade] till I come [i.e., His second coming].
6. Commentary: “went to buy” = to exchange something of temporary earthly value (their time) for something of eternal heavenly value (the Word of God, the Bible.
7. (Gen 7:16) And they that went in [to the ark], went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him [Noah]: and the LORD shut him in.
(Mat 25:11-13) Afterward [i.e., after the door to heaven was shut]  came also the other virgins [the five unsaved foolish virgins], saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily [Gk: truth] I say unto you, I know you not [I am not intimate, I am not in you] [2,3]. Watch [Gk: keep awake: be vigilant] therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh [His Second Coming].
1. Commentary: “Afterward” = Please note the key word “Afterward,” indicating that a time interval has passed. “Afterward” seems to allude to the time interval between the “rapture” and the judgment.
2. (Mat 7:22,23) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [Gk: illegality, violation of law, wickedness: unrighteousness].
1. Study the Bible Mat 25:1-13
2. Serve Me Mat 25:14-30
3. Serve my People Mat 25:31-46