THE BIRTH OF JESUS
12-23-18 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video, audio, and study notes are archived.
The brightness of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines, our building blocks. We who are saved, redeemed, imputed for righteousness, born-again, are climbing Jacob’s ladder. (Gen 28:12; John 1:51). God is Thoughts. Thoughts are Life. God’s angels are His manifested Thoughts. God is Love. God is a Spirit. God is the eternal Spirit from which all things, which are the entire manifested universe, was/is being created. God is the Universe. All S(s)pirits are God’s thoughts. You are a part of God’s Spirit (Eccl 12:7); you are either an eternal Spirit, or an eternal fallen spirit.
(Mat 1:18-25) Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise [Gk: in this way]: When as his mother Mary  was espoused [Gk: betrothed] [engaged, promised, pledged to marry] to Joseph [Heb: let him add, adding], before they came together [before they experienced a physical union sexually], she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just [Gk: righteous] man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily [Gk: privately] [from him, because she had broken the marriage contractual agreement]. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost [is a miracle performed by the “miraculous action” member of the triune Godhead]. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet [Isa 7:14], saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not [physically, intimately] till she had brought forth her firstborn son : and he called his name JESUS.
1. Mary = Heb: rebelliously /// bitterness, rebellion: (most) rebellious /// bitter (or unpleasant) to rebel (resist, to provoke): be disobedient, disobey, grievously.
a. Commentary: Mary represents all humanity. However, this particular person was exceptionally wise and innocent (pure) and “good” above all others, and thus she was the Lord’s choice as the best birth vehicle for His only Son.
2. (Mark 6:3) Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
(Luke 2:1-7) And it came to
pass in those days, that there
went out a decree [Gk:
law] from [Emperor] Caesar Augustus, that all the world [specifically, the
1. swaddling clothes = Dict: 1. long narrow bands of cloth wrapped around a newborn baby in former times. 2. rigid controls or restrictions, such as those imposed on infants, the immature, etc.
2. (John 11:43,44) And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound [Gk: tied] hand and foot with graveclothes [Gk: a swathe, a winding sheet]: and his face was bound about [Gk: enwrapped] with a napkin [Gk: a towel (for binding the face of a corpse): hankerchief]. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in
field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the
the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone
about [Gk: perilampo,
perilampo, perilampo; illuminate all around, invest with a halo] them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you
tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is
this day in the city of
THE WISE MEN
(AT LEAST TWO YEARS LATER)
(Mat 2:1-12) Now when Jesus was
born in Bethlehem
of Judaea in the days of Herod [Gk: heroic
/// appearance, sight] [“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)” 2 Cor
5:7] the king,
behold, there came wise men from the east to
1. Commentary: “gold, and frankincense, and myrrh” = these gifts seem to symbolize “the manifestation of the Spirit” (1 Cor 12:7-12), the explanation of which may be found on the Internet at www.tabernacleofmoses.org in the opening of Chapter 9, pages 108-111 of our book Warning: Hazardous to Your Natural Man, which also includes an interpretation of the Urim and the Thummin.
(Luke 2:40) And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.