LOVE IS BENEFICENT ORDER
GODLY AUTHORITY, IN EARTH AND IN HEAVEN, IS LOVE
(Luke 19:11-14) And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds [Gk: a certain weight], and said unto them, Occupy [Gk: to busy oneself with, i.e. to trade] till I come. But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
(Luke 19:15) And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money [Gk: silver] [silver money symbolizes redemption], that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
(Luke 19:16-19) Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
1. authority = Gk: (in the sense of ability); privilege, i.e. (subj.) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (obj.) mastery (concr. magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:--authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
2. authority = Dictionary synonym: power; right, ability, influence, weight, clout, say-so, last word.
3. authority = Dictionary synonym: permission; authorization, license, leave, sanction, mandate.
4. authority = Dictionary synonym: confidence; conviction, firmness, surety, certainty.
5. authority = Dictionary synonym: organization; agency, group, government department, corporation.
6. authority = Dictionary synonym: expert; specialist.
7. authority = Dictionary synonym: citation; source, evidence.
(Luke 19:20-27) And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury [Gk: interest]? And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath [willingness and obedience] shall be given [more weight, i.e., authority]; and from him that hath not [willingness and obedience], even that he hath [weight, i.e., authority] shall be taken away from him. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign [Gk: rule: king] over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
(Rev 22:1-5) And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign [Gk: rule: king] for ever and ever.
1. (Eph 5:25-27) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. [John 13:3-15]
2. servants = Gk: a slave (lit. or fig., invol. or vol.; frequently therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subverviency):--bond (-man) /// to bind:--be in bonds, knit, tie.
3. serve = Gk: (a hired menial); to minister (to God), i.e. render religious homage:--serve, do the service, worship (-per).