WE ARE THE CHRIST GENERATION, THE RISING MAN-CHILD
THE CHRIST GENERATION…
(Rev 12:1,2) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman [the Church Triumphant in fulfillment] clothed with the sun [clothed with “the Sun of righteousness” Mal 4:2], and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child [pregnant; sown seed coming to fruition] cried, travailing in birth [Gk: to experience the pains of parturition] [“the beginning of sorrows [birth pangs]” Mat 24:8] [note the present tense], and pained to be delivered.
1. Commentary: “The moon under her feet” possibly represents dominion over reflected glory, but better, it does indeed represent dominion over dead (the moon is a dead world) Islamic theology, which is perhaps our final and most dangerous Satanic foe.
2. Commentary: The “twelve stars” may represent the twelve tribes of Israel or, much more probably, the twelve apostles of the Gospel (or both) for this is a New Testament event, prophecied in the types and shadows of the Old Testament, and realized (fulfilled) in the New Testament.
3. (Psa 22:30,31) A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
4. (Isa 66:7-9) Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation [lots of people] be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
a. Commentary: The latter verse of Isaiah 66:9 strongly implies that Father God holds forth a perpetually open womb for the continuing births of God’s children throughout all eternity.
5. (Mat 1:16,17) And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ [Gk: the anointed]. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ [Gk: the anointed] are fourteen generations.
a. Commentary: A careful count of the genealogy given in Matthew 1:1-17 will show that Jesus is the thirteenth generation, and that Christ is the fourteenth generation. This fourteenth generation is a single spiritual generation (Psa 22:30,31) extending from Jesus the Christ throughout all imputed (esteemed) for righteousness Christians, perhaps for all eternity, to be reckoned “as one man” (Judg 6:16).
…IS THE MAN CHILD
(Rev 12:3-6) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven [the angels], and did cast them to the earth [the fallen angels]: and the dragon stood [defiant] before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour [Gk: to eat down] her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron [the wooden rod of Moses (Exo 4:2) has been “transformed” into the iron (symbolic of judgment) rod of Christ (Rev 2:27)]: and her child was caught up [Gk: to take for oneself] [i.e., raptured] unto God, and to his throne. And the woman [the believing church] fled [was scattered] into the wilderness [across the earth], where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days [3 ½ years].
1. (Exo 1:15,16) [Satan’s first attempt to kill the Christ generation] And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah [Heb: brightness], and the name of the other Puah [Heb: to glitter; brilliancy]: And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.
2. (Mat 2:16) [Satan’s second attempt to kill the Christ generation] Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children [Gk: male children] that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.
3. Commentary: [Satan’s third and present attempt to kill the Christ generation] The third and final attempt of Satan to kill the seed of Christ (the man child) was the 1973 Supreme Court decision “Roe v. Wade,” wherein abortion became legal and publicly acceptable.
4. (1 Th 4:16,17) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [Gk: to take for oneself][i.e., raptured] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(Rev 12:7-9) And there was war in heaven: Michael [“the archangel” Jude 9] and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him [and became known as fallen angels, unclean spirits, or demons].
1. (2 Th 2:10-12) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
a. delusion = Gk: fraudulence; subj. a straying from orthodoxy or piety:--deceit, to deceive, delusion, error.
b. (Isa 45:7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
(Rev 12:10-12) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ [Gk: anointed]: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb [i.e., by knowing that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for all their sins], and by the word of their testimony [by being doers of the word and actively testifying to the same]; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath [the wrath of great tribulation], because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
1. (James 1:22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
2. Commentary: “and they loved not their lives unto the death” The NIV has it “they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” These true believers passed the ultimate test; they did not place the value of their lives above their belief in Jesus Christ, which would have been idolatry. Their inward love (selfish) for their own lives was overcome by a much stronger outward love toward God and His Son Jesus Christ. Their center of their universe was not themselves, but God.
3. Commentary: The Apostle Paul records that he was “caught up to the third heaven” (2 Cor12:2) temporarily, in a type of vision. We who are saved, born-again, dwell mostly in the first heaven (the courtyard of the Tabernacle), and some dwell in the second heaven (the Holy Place of the Tabernacle), and a few dwell in the third heaven (the Most Holy Place of the Tabernacle), temporarily.
4. (1 Th 5:9,10) For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain [Gk: acquire, possess] salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
(Rev 12:13,14) And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman [the church] which brought forth the man child [the anointed children of God, the Christ generation]. And to the woman [the church] were given two wings of a great eagle [i.e., an open Bible], that she might fly into the wilderness [this earth], into her place [a mental condition, a state of mind focused on Jesus], where she is nourished [by the great eagle] for a time, and times, and half a time [for 3 ½ years], from the face of the serpent [the enemy of the eagle].
(Rev 12:15-17) And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood [of unbelieving humanity] after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed [the still dispersed children of God who remain upon the earth], which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.