LIKE THE GIANTS WE TOO ARE MUTANTS, BUT THE LORD’S MUTATIONS
(Gen 6:1-5) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God [ref: fallen angels: Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7] saw the daughters of men that they were fair [Gk: good (in the widest sense)]; and they took them wives [Heb: a woman] of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years [prophecy: 120 x 50 Jubilee years equals 6,000 years]. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown [Heb: through the idea of definite and conspicuous position]. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
1. Commentary: Please note that there quite apparently was no resistance to the fallen angels taking for themselves wives of whomsoever they might chose; no resistance was incurred either from the men (fathers, brothers, suitors), or from the women chosen. “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7). If the latter quote in James is true of the New Testament, it follows that it is also true of the Old Testament. From this happenstance of the fallen angels helping themselves, so to speak, to the daughters of men, and the few verses thereafter, we are inclined to conclude that the degradation and debauchery of mankind had arrived at its lowest point, a situational circumstance perhaps approaching duplication at present, wherein service to and association with evil dignitaries (our politicians and merchants) was generally accepted, and probably even sought after – for the sake of enormous personal gain and power.
2. wives = Heb: a woman: [adulter]ess, each, every, female, X many, + none, one, + together, wife, woman /// a female, mortal.
3. Commentary: The original Hebrew defines the word “wives” as “women.” May we note that there was no mention of a holy religious ceremony performed as an official bonding mechanism between the fallen angels and the women that could be acceptable to God, nor was there even a pagan covenant. Therefore the use of the word “wives” most emphatically means that these chosen women performed all the duties normally placed upon “wives” but were in fact illegally wed, and the giant offspring of these unholy unions were real “bastards” at least. The fallen angels and the daughters of men acted, to some extent, as husband and wife… and cooperatively nurtured and brought forth a generational crop of marauding mutants called giants.
4. (2 Pet 2:4-6) For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom [archetype of false doctrine] and Gomorrha [archetype of false works] into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
a. Commentary: From this we may note that God did not cast into hell and chain all the fallen angels, else there would be no opposition to Christianity, but that God did bring under control a select group of fallen angels that sinned by restraining them with “chains of darkness.” Why did God, of necessity, chain and restrain only them? Because angels are eternal entities, and having once possessed a temporal daughter of men, fallen angels would do it again and again as the opportunity presented itself, thereby nurturing and developing an evil race of mutated and exceedingly powerful giants.
5. (Jude 5-7) I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
6. giant = Heb: a feller [i.e., one who fells something], i.e. a bully or tyrant /// to fall: cast down, fugitive, perish.
a. mutation = Dict: 1. act or process of changing. 2. a change or alteration, as in form, qualities, or nature. 3. a sudden departure from the parent type.
b. mutant = Dict: 1. undergoing mutation; resulting from mutation. 2. a new type of organism produced as the result of mutation.
c. Commentary: Like the giants we too are mutants, but the Lord’s mutations.
d. (Rom 12:1,2) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed [Gk: to the same pattern] to this world: but be ye transformed [Gk: "metamorphose": changed, transfigured] by the renewing [Gk: restoration] of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(Gen 6:6-9) And it repented [Heb: to be sorry] the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah [Heb: rest] found grace [i.e., got saved, was imputed for righteousness] in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man [Heb: lawful, righteous] and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
1. perfect = Heb: entire (lit., fig. or mor.); also (as noun) integrity, truth:--without blemish, complete, full, sincerely (-ity), sound, without spot, undefiled, upright (-ly), whole.