A WILD CRAZY MAN RECEIVES HIS RIGHT MIND, i.e., BECOMES TAMED
05-08-16 This message may be viewed live streaming video at www.tabernacleofmoses.org commencing today Sunday at 11:00 am, and repeated 24/7 for one week; thereafter, the video and notes are archived.
The height of our revelations depends upon the correctness of our doctrines (our building blocks)
(Luke 8:26,27) And they[Jesus and His twelve disciples] arrived at the country of the Gadarenes [a town east of
(Mark 5:1-5) And they came over [eastward] unto the other
side of the sea [of
1. tame = Dict: 1. changed from the wild or savage state; domesticated. 2. gentle, fearless, or without shyness, aas if domesticated, as an animal. 3 tractable, docile, or submissive, as a person.
2. (1 Cor 10:13) There hath no temptation [Gk: a putting to proof] [test] taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer [Gk: permit] you to be tempted [Gk: tested] above that ye are able [to endure]; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it [Gk: to undergo it: to endure it].
3. Commentary: no demonic possession is ever total because Father God always makes “a way to escape.” Jesus Christ is “the way, the truth, and the life:” (John 14:6).
THE DEMONS PROTEST
(Mark 5:7-10) And [the demons] cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he [Jesus] said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he [Jesus] asked him [the demon], What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion [a Roman Legion numbered 6,000 soldiers]: for we are many [“because many evils were entered into him” Luke 8:30]. And he [Legion] besought [begged, prayed] him [Jesus] much that he would not send them away out of the country [“into the deep” Luke 8:31 (Gk: depthless, abyss)].
(Mark 5:11-13) Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine [unclean beasts] feeding. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave [Gk: allowed, permitted]. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently [Gk: to start, spur or urge on /// a violent impulse] down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
1. (Mark 4:19) And the cares [Gk: distractions] of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke [Gk: to strangle completely] the word, and it becometh unfruitful [Gk: barren: without fruit].
THE PEOPLE PROTEST
(Mark 5:14-17) And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil [Gk: to be exercised by a demon], and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid [“with great fear” Luke 8:37]. And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine. And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
1. (Luke 8:36) They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed [Gk: saved, delivered, protected: made whole].
2. (1 Tim 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
THE MAN PROCLAIMS
5:18-20) And when he [Jesus] was come into the ship, he that had been possessed
with the devil [3 x] prayed him [to Jesus] that he might be
with him. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home
to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee,
and hath had compassion [Gk: pity:
mercy] on thee. And he [obediently] departed, and began to publish [Gk: herald: preach, proclaim]