DAVID AND GOLIATH: THE SPIRIT OF FAITH AND THE SPIRIT OF FEAR, CHAPTER 7
THE MARK OF GOD;
AND THE MARK OF CAIN, WHICH IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST
1. Goliath’s spear is a hot iron (1 Tim 4:1,2). It brands reprobate minds with the mark of Cain. [delivered 11-14-04 #6 in this series].
2. We are at war. The battlefield is in the mind, for the mind. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against… spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Eph 6:12)
3. Goliath is a weapon of Satan. David is a weapon of God. We are “in” David (Jesus Christ). Goliath is the spear (piercing) of Satan. David is the sword (cutting) of the Lord. Opposites. Goliath’s head serves as the head of Satan’s spear. The words uttered from Goliath’s mouth pierce the Israelite body (Saul and his army; the Body of Christ; John 19:34), entering into the mind, imprinting Goliath’s projected thoughts, searing (cauterizing, sealing) the conscience, thereby rendering the mind insensitive to godly thoughts; seeking to fix the mind in an eternal state of ungodliness, or at the very least, to neutralize the mind’s capability to wage war on behalf of God. Opposites. David’s head serves….
4. In a direct imitation, opposite and counterfeit of the Sixth Seal (Rev 6:12–Rev 7:17), when we shall receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit, the full imprint of God, the searing heat of Goliath’s spear fired in “the midst of the furnace of iron,” the iron furnace of Egypt (Deut 4:20; 1 Kings 8:51; Jer 11:4), acts as a branding iron marking those beast-men who shall serve Satan forever, sealing them, branding them as his own – in their foreheads, in their minds.
5. It is that the wheat, even before they are cognizably saved, i.e., capable of being perceived or known saved – even by themselves, are still wheat from the foundation of the world (Mat 25:34). So then, likewise, and by default, the tares are tares from the foundation of the world.
THE INTERPRETATION OF THE PARABLE OF THE TARES
(Mat 13:36-43) Then Jesus sent the multitude away [this was (is) for the disciples only], and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us [through the idea of defining; to expound] the parable of the tares of the field [Jesus was about to manifest the gift of the interpretation of tongues]. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one [i.e. wheat are always wheat, and tares are always tares]; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out [i.e. separate out] of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire [“saith the LORD, whose fire is in Zion, and his furnace in Jerusalem” Isa 31:9]: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [Ok for the tares, but who will be left behind?? – like Noah and like Lot were left behind (Luke 17:26-30)] Then shall the righteous shine forth [radiate brilliantly] as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
SEPARATION ACCORDING TO THEIR MARKS (BRANDS)
(Mat 25:31-34) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as [like, the same as] a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats [by sight??]: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. [Yes, but sheep and goats look different, and all men look the same] Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
WHAT?? ARE WE BRANDED TOO? YEP, BY THE MARK OF GOD:
THE OLD TESTAMENT EXTERNAL MARK: “upon his forehead”
(Exo 28:36-38) And thou shalt make a plate of pure gold, and grave [engrave, etch] upon it, like the engravings of a signet [signature-ring:--seal], HOLINESS TO THE LORD. And thou shalt put it on a blue lace [ribbon], that it may be upon the mitre [official turban]; upon the forefront of the mitre it shall be. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron [who represented all the imputed for righteousness Israelites] may bear the iniquity [sin] of the holy things [the righteous Israelites], which [iniquity, sin] the children of Israel shall hallow [cleanse, purify – (themselves of)] in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they [represented by Aaron] may be accepted before the LORD.
THE NEW TESTAMENT INTERNAL MARK:
THE SIXTH SEAL “in their foreheads” THE SHEPHERDS
(Rev 7:1-4) And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. And I saw another angel [who again is doing the separation? “the reapers are the angels” Mat 13:39] ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed [i.e. marked with a stamp, branded] the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
1. seal = Gk: to stamp (with a signet or private mark) for security or preservation; by impl. to keep secret, to attest:--(set a, set to) seal up /// a signet (as fencing in or protecting from misappropriation); by impl. the stamp impressed (as a mark of privacy, or genuineness) /// to fence or inclose, i.e. (spec.) to block up (fig. to silence):--stop /// (to rein in or curb; the midrif (as a partition of the body), i.e. (fig. and by impl. of sympathy) the feelings (or sensitive nature; by extens. the mind or cognitive faculties):--understanding.
(Rev 7:9,10) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes [white garments of righteousness], and palms [i.e. open palms from the tree of peace] in their hands [works]; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
THE SEVENTH SEAL: THE GOATS
(Rev 9:3-6) And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
ALL THE RIGHTEOUS SAVED
(Rev 14:1) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
(Rev 22:3-5) And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS THE MARK OF CAIN
(Rev 13:15-17) And he [the false prophet – ungodly television Producers, et. al.] had power to give life unto the image of the beast [on television – Goliath’s shield], that the image of the beast should both speak [project his searing spear’s head out through the screen attempting to pierce all mankind], and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast [those whom he could not pierce with fear, seduction and false doctrine: 1 Tim 4:1,2] should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark [a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp – the mark of Cain] in their right hand [works], or in their foreheads [thoughts]: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
DAVID AND GOLIATH: PROPHECY
(1 Sam 17:49,50) And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone [one of the five smooth stones, i.e. the word of God: Eph 4:11], and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face [what? not backwards?] to the earth. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1. (Isa 45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. [Rom 14:11]